Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
There is a relief valve that operates when on full lock IIRC. Makes a bit of a hum.

Is your fluid level brimming on tha max mark?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Mine defo makes more noise on full lock and has max fluid. Sometimes, even cuts the engine if revs are low.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey My Lil 156 ,when She Starts First Thing I Hear This Whiining Noise From The Power Steering It Does Go Off But Only Seems To Do It On The First Start Up,what Is This ,is It Serious Guys I Need To Know Please !!!ta

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Hey My Lil 156 ,when She Starts First Thing I Hear This Whiining Noise From The Power Steering It Does Go Off But Only Seems To Do It On The First Start Up,what Is This ,is It Serious Guys I Need To Know Please !!!ta
I had this. It turned out that the level was low in the reservoir.
Give it a check when you are next out as it is only a small difference between min and max.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I've just had my pump + belts and tensioner replaced because the steering was sluggish and rubbish at low speeds (round car parks, reversing etc) but there was never any noise on full lock!

In the end the belt was seizing on the tensioner (which was quite worn) and the pump was shot too. Not a cheap day last Tuesday. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts