Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE VERY ANNOYING GRINDING NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT RIGHT WHEEL OF MY WIDE BODY V6. MY WIFE MENTIONED IT THE OTHER DAY. IT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO ROUND ROUNDABOUTS AND RIGHT HAND BENDS/CORNERS. THE HEAT SHIELD ON THE BRAKES APPEARS TO BE IN LINE AND THERE IS NO BEARING NOISE OR CV NOISE THAT I CAN TELL. CAN ANYONE HELP !

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few on here have had problems with the brakes being applied going round corners, cause by blockages/damaged brake pipes.

Sounds like bearing tho :(

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does only make the noise round right hand corners and if you sink the welly it gets louder. I know Wrinx thinks its bearing but its not that kind of noise it does sound like the heat sheild rubbing along the edge of the brake disc but I can't see any witness marks on the sheild. It looks like I'm going to have to take the heat sheild off and see if it goes away. Ce la vie. :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure it isn't pads ???
Sounds daft that you don't hear it when braking but.....
a year ago, I had a similair thing. It turned out to be one of the sliding pins in the carrier had seized which then kept the inside pad on all the time. Because of the way it wore down, no sound when braking, but that kinda grating brake sound when I turned left. It was my left side that had gone. I had 3 good pads left and one totally skighted.

Just a thought.....

Marlon

·
Banned
477 Posts
Could be the shield, I had a grinding noise when doing right hand corners after I'd had wisbone done, turned out to be the heat shield, but not in a visible place, have a look at the lower part of it at the back- you'll need to get under the car to do it

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys,
Many thanks for your help on this one. I at last got the brakes stripped down and found the front left heat shield rubbing right down inside next to the hub gave it bijeau tweekette and sorted. For any one interested, wink black lorry chassis paint works well on brake calipers to give them a new lease of life and its cheaper than the so called brake lacquer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts