Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTV had a full engine rebuild a couple of weeks ago and
since then I've noticed a rubbing/grinding noise when I put full lock on to the right at slow speeds. I've checked to see if the tyres are catching anything in the wheel arches and everything seems fine. Doesn't happen when I have full lock on to the left either. Any suggestions what could be causing it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Stone Guard on the back of the brake disc rubs all the time, usually after you've had some work done. Take the wheel off and push it back into place by hand. Will only take 2 secs :)

K

·
0 Posts
if not the backplate as mentioned above, then check for tell tale marks on the guards for the engine around the crank pulley area. you may not be able to see with the wheel on but the marks will be there on the plastic if its catching. maybe they haven't got them back on quite right

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your suggestions on this. I had new tyres fitted on Thursday and it gave me chance to have a look in the wheel arches. There was signs of wear on the plastic surrounds. A little bit of adjustment and replacing a couple of missing fixings has solved the problem. Just one thing i can see alot of the crank pulley and belt. Is it me or have they forgotten to replace one of the surrounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts