Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend some form of protection for the grille on my Mito? I have to park in a busy suburban street and then watch while other motorists (without sense or sensors) happily take the space in front, reversing until they touch my car, sometimes with undue force! One incident cost over £200 to repair and currently the grille & surround are dented & chipped. I may resort to a block of high density foam rubber but is there anything available which is a bit more practical/bespoke?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can anyone recommend some form of protection for the grille on my Mito? I have to park in a busy suburban street and then watch while other motorists (without sense or sensors) happily take the space in front, reversing until they touch my car, sometimes with undue force! One incident cost over £200 to repair and currently the grille & surround are dented & chipped. I may resort to a block of high density foam rubber but is there anything available which is a bit more practical/bespoke?
I was going to suggest a vinyl wrap upon reading the title but dont think that would provide much protection for bumps!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've only recently got a '09 MiTo and it was badly marked in front by others reversing into it. Asked the garage to 'touch up' the marks with some paint. With the OHs MiTo we generally park with the handbrake lightly on and with the car out of gear on (only on a 'level' road). When someone reverses into you the impact isn't as bad. Her car has very little in the way of 'marks' or dents. The high density foam sounds like a good idea but it would take away from the look of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts