Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaaagh, some little ....... so and so has stolen the Alfa Romeo badge from the front of my '97 155. I think they are about £30 to replace but I wondered if anyone has seen any badgeless grilles or something a bit different for the 155? It looks kind of cool from a distance without the badge but unfortunately the closer you get the easier it is to see the surface to which the badge should be affixed! :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
How could you even thought about it?!? The front grille without proudly displayed "the cross and the dragon". Shame on you. :mad:

The badges for 155 front is about 600 rubles here. It equals to USD20, not sure at the moment about GBP rate, but definitely less than 30, more or less likely about GBP15. May be a better shop around will help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob,

I lost one on a previous Alfa, and got one from a scrappy for a couple of quid.
A brand new one is shinier i spose, that's it. Can't see that a new one would cost you £30 though! More like £10 - £15. Although i don't speak from experience.
I remember a mate getting one for his BMW, and even that was only £10 brand new from a dealer.
I agree with Kika about the badge, the hot hatch boys may have good reason to remove their badges, but it's an Alfa Romeo! Wear it with pride! ;)

Regards,

A.H

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Rob,

The price quoted on the parts CD for a new grille badge is £16.57 inc VAT. Get a new one and araldite it on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I, too, have had badges go missing. The worst case was when i had a nice metal AROC shield screwed to the grille of my 33, and as it couldn't just be pulled off, some lowlife decided to wrench the whole grille off the car. Coming out the next morning to find a gaping hole in the front of my pride and joy and broken bits of plastic that were still attached to the car was none too pleasant! :mad:

·
Registered
447 Posts
NEVER take the badge of an Alfa, shame in you, BTW it isn't a dragon, it's a snake eating a man

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! I seem to aroused more anger than the little monkey-spanks did when they took my badge. My car only has the front and rear Alfa badges (well only the rear now!), no model and derivative badges at all yet nobody can ever have any doubt as to what I am driving! I'm a proud Alfa driver who will bore anyone who will listen to me talk about the 155, I don't apologise for wanting to subtlely alter the look of MY car if I see fit. The Alfa Corse sunstrip and full Old Spice graphix do give it away..... :eek: :p :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love a replacement, standard fit but with the cloverleaf logo, that would be even better!

·
Registered
715 Posts
All the lacquer has come of my 1997 badges, front and rear and I now have a gold cross!! Anyone else had this problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts