Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phase 3 radiator grill has one chrome bar broken. Can this bar be taken off and replaced without taking bumper off? Any ideas please?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Will be following this thread as i have same problem.
I dont think its possible without breaking the lugs off the bar,which isn't too bad if you're happy just gluing a replacement on.
No new replacement bars about tho,and the only secondhand one i've found so far was selling the whole bumper and grille for £400 :( .
It might be physically possible to get the grill off without removing the bumper,but the retaining screws are into plastic and some will be rusted solid and break off.I took mine off for a bumper respray a couple of years ago and had to glue it back in place (used a rubberised marine adhesive that i can cut off if i ever need to remove it again )

Was toying with the idea of replacing both grills with black mesh,not great i admit ,but a better look than 1 bar missing.Then noticed this is what the 4c has,which put me off the idea as i don't want it looking like a wanna-be

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't get to the rear to remove bar without taking bumper off as it is too close to slam bar. What a pain....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts