Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the colours the 159 has been produced in is a darker grey with a definate brown hue. Anyone know the name of this colour?

If it helps this is the colour I am referring to.

And if anyone knows where there is a 2.4JTD Sportwagon (which is right had drive!) up for grabs I have cash for the right car (Felbridge Car Co. excepted)

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 2.4 saloon in that colour, vesuvio grey it's called. I would describe it more as a copper grey but it changes in different light, it's actually really nice, never seen another one in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes it looks like Titanio Grey. A very nice colour actually and fairly rare. There are flecks of green/blue/red in the grey. Think I preferred it to the Carbonio I have now.

PS. That seller obviously doesn't know much about the car they're selling .... upwards of 50mph .... PMSL:lol:

·
Registered
831 Posts
My bet is on "marrone luci de bosco" - that's the italian name, I have no idea how they call it in english.
The camera which those pictures were took with is really bad, that's why it looks weird. All the other grays mentioned above are lighter.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I have a 2.4 saloon in that colour, vesuvio grey it's called. I would describe it more as a copper grey but it changes in different light, it's actually really nice, never seen another one in the flesh.
:confused: My last 159 was Vesuvio but it looked a lot lighter than the the one pictured above - more like a metallic milky coffee shade. (see below)

I have once seen a 159 in a similar (if not the same) dark brown shade - I'd describe it as perhaps bronze? - but that too was on a left-hooker. Have never seen that colour on a UK spec car.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm now pretty sure its Versuvio. There is a silver sticker on the underside of the boot lid, on the right hand side which states the colour name.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
My first SW was Titanio Grigio - superb colour on the 159

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Here you go - found one for sale in Italy. Lists the colour as Marrone (brown in Italian)
ALFA ROMEO 159 Sportw.2.4 JTD M 200CV... a Conegliano - eBay Annunci
and a link to an Italian forum where it is described as marrone luci di bosco - brown lights of the forest
http://www.159ownersclub.it/public/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1578&posts=10

Exactly the same shade as the one I saw a while ago in Edinburgh which I remember now was on Dutch plates. Would seem then to be a European mainland only colour as I don't recall ever seeing it on a UK colour chart - at least not for the 159 although a very similar colour has appeared on the latest MiTo configurator.

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Yes it looks like Titanio Grey. A very nice colour actually and fairly rare. There are flecks of green/blue/red in the grey. Think I preferred it to the Carbonio I have now.

PS. That seller obviously doesn't know much about the car they're selling .... upwards of 50mph .... PMSL:lol:
I have a saloon version in this colour in the 2006 release it was called Titanio Grey. see my pics to confirm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts