Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow Alfisti,

Happy to have found the Alfa Owners forum! After a thorough (read: obsessive) read through what will remain an undisclosed amount of threads on subjects ranging from the notorious M32 gearbox to issues with Bose sound systems (more on that elsewhere shortly, actually...), I feel it is only fair I offer a quick introduction.

My name's Bart, 27 years of age and currently living in the Netherlands. I work as an IT engineer, though I started my career as a copywriter and translator. Figured I might enjoy computer languages even more than the spoken ones.

I bought myself my first Alfa Romeo when I was 24. A black 159 SW with the lovely silver 19 inch multispoke Ti rims and matching mirror covers to boot. The tan leather interior was to die for, as was the state of the 1.9 JTDm 16v engine. No wait- that last bit isn't quite right; it was a pup. An absolute heap of the finest diesel stoking Italian steel. That isn't quite right either, what with it's GM influences, but we'll gloss over that.

Alfa159jtd.jpg

With little technical experience at the time, the 159 goaded me into what proved to be a steep learning curve.
- Blank off the EGR? Check! That wasn't so bad... What?
- Swirlflap delete? eeh, yeah lets figure that one out.
After a while, that too proved doable and as the miles stacked up, so did my experience. As a result, I'd proudly consider myself a rank amateur these days! Undeterred by a staggering lack of knowledge, I somehow kept the 159 JTDm running for over 100.000 km, taking up its total well into the 300.000 km range.

New job, new home. I couldn't afford to keep the 159 going and so I moved on. On to public transport, that is... Aside from the overwhelming amount of "public" and frequently lacking "transport", it has proven to be the dream. If you dream of having someone else's germs coughed right into your face every 30 seconds while people ruthlessly pile into an already overfilled train. Any regard for personal space, social constructs or general politeness is thrown firmly out the window when it comes to catching your train.

Last week, I bought myself a means to get out of that daily social rollercoaster. A gorgeous Alfa Romeo 159 SW 1.750 TBi Ti. Bright white, full Ti interior and exterior trim, graphite 19 inch Ti multispokes- it has pretty much everything I could ask for. Aside from an actually working Bose system, but that's for another thread. With plenty of ideas to really make this Alfa my own, I'm sure I'll be asking for advice, tips, experiences and opinions for the foreseeable future.

Afhalen159.jpg

Yes, that's possibly an actually even prettier alfa sitting in the background, but for now, I'm absolutely over the moon!

If getting subwoofers going is your thing, please feel free to head over to my other thread and have a look at what is undoubtedly the first of many character flaws to emerge from my freshly acquired Alfa. Else, I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and the people that make it such an enjoyable place to read through!

·
Administrator
86,816 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David, it's a highly international community from what I can tell! Perhaps I'll time my next visit to my sister with a meet somewhere... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marty! Fellow Dutchman from what I can see? Any Dutch meet-ups by chance? :party:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! Really speaks volumes about a forum when you get such a warm welcome! :beer:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks Marty! Fellow Dutchman from what I can see? Any Dutch meet-ups by chance? :party:
Yup fellow country man and yes there is a meeting April 28 at the TT circuit in Assen "Eni Viva Italia" then you can drive there when you want.
But its not only for Alfa but for Lambos etc to.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was typing 'welcome' but realized I haven't introduced myself here as well.
Did you by any chanche buy your car at Prins? I think I saw the ad...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bram! No I haven’t bought it at Prins. Saw the ad as well; whoever got that car has bought a fine ride, looked ace...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts