Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Hello to everyone on this forum. I want to introduce my self to you. I am a Alfa owner and am resoring a 65 gulia spider 101. I have learned may things along the way. I once threw away an old water pump, extra oil pan, rods and crank from a broken engine. Now, as you probably guessed, I hoard all parts Alfa Big and small. I have rebuilt Three alfa motors 1300, 1600 and 2000. I am pretty good with engines and once had a 2000 in my spider for a while.This tured out to be a unworkable package because of steering and clutch issues, but it was the engine I had at the time. I glad to report that I now have the proper 1600 engine installed and we are both very happy.

I live in the Sun Valley ski area in the mountians of Idaho at 6000 feet.It just snowed outside for the first time this year. This will mean that most Alfa projects will move indoors for a long winters nap. Have you ever tried to drive a spider in the snow? It just doesn't work that well, plus you have to not get run over by the SUV's with people on the phone.

I could use a hand from someone who has converted his Solex carb to a Weber 2 bbrl. downdraft. I purchased one from International Auto Parts and the needle and seat housing hits the thermostat housing about 3/8 inch before the carb seats on the manifold. Since I'm new to this forum I won't post any picture yet, but I have a couple of shots that show the intreference problem

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, good luck with the restoration :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sounds like quite the scenic area where you like.

·
Registered
24,524 Posts
Welcome aboard Raymond. Love the 101 - from a 105 owner;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, this is the second year I have seen this artcar on the playa. I thought the forum would get a kick out of it.
Mine is red.

Here is one of the clearence photos

N

·
0 Posts
rrraymond said:
Yes, this is the second year I have seen this artcar on the playa. I thought the forum would get a kick out of it.
Mine is red.

Never been, but a good mate of mine goes
every year to do a bit of docu filming.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts