Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm not a recent Alfa owner as I've had my 156 sele for 3 years now :p I'm very much into all things Italian and also own a Ducati Monster which I have to admit takes up most of my "tuning" time ... but the Alfa does also get her share of coruse ;)

Looking forward to all the interactions on this site :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Mason, be great to see some pics of your car (and bike.. ;) ) :cool:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hi Mason welcome to AO :)
A great Italian duo you have :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

As requested, here's a pic of my babies ... chat with you later !

E

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO. Good choice of transport :cool:

I love the fact that just like Italian cars the Ducati's have a very distinc sound, you can always tell when one is approaching.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Mason & welcome to AO from a fellow UAE resident.

I'm also into all things Italian and bought my first Alfa via Gargash Inc. Dubai in July last year :)

I'm also a biker but my only experience with Ducati is a 20 minute blast on a mate's 748. I was very impressed, and subsequently had to be physically dragged away from the 999 on display at the Dubai Motor Show in December :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate and fellow UAE resident, I live down in Bur Dubai and reckon i may well have seen your car around............... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

Eddie & Adam- Yeah, I love that about Italian machines as well. The Alfa really has a such a great sound .. it's actually partly why I bought it. The Sele makes downshifting really really awesome. Whereas the Ducati has that dry clutch sound ... again very different and nice :p .. it's only a only a lot louder than my Alfa with straight Ducati Performance pipes and open clutch cover :D

Martini & Seven - Great to see there are some UAE guys here . :) .. I live on Sheikh Zayed road in case you've seen the car around. Maritni, what bike do you ride??

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Hi Mason.....welcome.

There are more Alfisti from this region than I thought :cool:

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Mason said:
Martini & Seven - Great to see there are some UAE guys here . :) .. I live on Sheikh Zayed road in case you've seen the car around. Martini, what bike do you ride??
Hi Mason! My most recent Bike was a red Honda 750 NightHawk with Supertrapp exhaust system. It was my daily wheels for a few years and I sold it a couple of years ago intending to replace it with a Yamaha R1, but as I had a couple of 4 wheeled projects on the go at the time, the bikes were shelved. :(

Seven.... Does your forum monika mean that you're a Caterham/Lotus Seven enthusiast?

My 147 GTA is the most fun I've had on 4 wheels for a long time, and I'll be dropping it off at Gargash Alfa, Sheikh Zayed road on Saturday 14-Jan at around 12 mid-day for it's first service.

Martin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts