Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can some1 tell me the difference between the 3 models of the 80's 33..... and also what the veloce model is?
kind regards

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Please can some1 tell me the difference between the 3 models of the 80's 33..... and also what the veloce model is?
kind regards
As far as i know the veloces had the Zender bodykit... and the three models were the facelifts, the more dramatic/ noticeable change being between the series 2 to 3. Thats it

·
Registered
149 Posts
As far as i know the veloces had the Zender bodykit... and the three models were the facelifts, the more dramatic/ noticeable change being between the series 2 to 3. Thats it
Except not veloces had the same body kit. The Zender was sometimes used then there was a two piece style of skirt. Then just to confuse things they sometimes called a 33 a Veloce with a standard 1.5 ti body kit. If you collect a few pics form the internet you will see.
John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Except not veloces had the same body kit. The Zender was sometimes used then there was a two piece style of skirt. Then just to confuse things they sometimes called a 33 a Veloce with a standard 1.5 ti body kit. If you collect a few pics form the internet you will see.
John
Looking at the pics of your red 1.5 ti it has the kit for that model with an extra strip around the bottom of the front bumper. They could have called this a veloce on the reg docs. This is the same as my sons except for the strip. This is registered as a Veloce but we think of it as a 1.5 ti.

Hi previous 33 a year younger was the same apart from the interior and was registered as a 1.5 ti. The current one had a more 'sporty' interior and I have been told that this is why it may have been registered as a Veloce.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to my knowledge the green clover leaf had the headlight washers and only the gold cloverleaf had the twin carbs apart from the Ti model?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the gold cloverleaf and Ti model have the same engine? because then the gold cloverleaf could also be called a Veloce which means "fast" in Italian.
BTW I fitted that front bumper lip myself.It is from a Toyota Cressida.I had to do some cutting to make it fit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
On the series one the Gold Cloverleaf was the luxury version. It had the lower body in a contrasting grey paint and there was a darkish red/brown strip that ran around the body recess in the middle of the car to delineate between the upper body colour and the grey area at the bottom. It had different interior fabric trim from the 1.3 and 1.5 models, headlight wash with wipers, an electronic check control system in the centre console stack, a metallic grey painted front grille and wood rim steering wheel and gear knob.

The series 1 Green Cloverleaf was the sporting version with the twin carb 105 bhp engine. It had different interior trim again that was a two tone effect where the seat centre panels were made from a different fabric to the outer sections, a different head rest design with mesh centres, a silver grey finish to the trim on the centre console fascia, a different door storage pocket design to the other series 1 cars, body coloured bumpers, alloy wheels (same design as the Sud Green Cloverleaf), headlamp washer jets, different front grille design and a lip on the bottom of the front and rear bumpers, black plastic side skirts and the door window surrounds were finished in satin black. The initial cars in the UK at least also had front fog lights fitted.

With the introduction of the series 2 cars the range was altered and the Gold Cloverleaf model was dropped and replaced by the Ti whilst the top model simply became known as the Cloverleaf. The Veloce models were just standard Ti and Cloverleaf models fitted with a bodykit by the importer. There were two versions of the body kit over the life of the series 2 car. One of them was made by Zender and I forget who made the other.

Series 1 Gold Cloverleaf model in silver and Series 1 Green Cloverleaf model in red

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts