Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Greatest Film Car Chase?

• Ronin (Audi, Merc, Citroen)

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Bourne Identity (old Mini)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Italian Job -original (Minis, Alfas, Bikes)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Italian Job - remake (BMW Minis)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bullitt (Mustang)

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Gone in 60 seconds -either version!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Vanishing Point (Dodge, E-type, others)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • French Connection (Pontiac, train)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Die Another Day (Aston, XK)

• The Transporter (BMW)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discussed this with my wife while watching "Ronin" again. Brilliant chase, but is it the best? Then I started reeling off loads of possibles. I loved "Vanishing Point" with the Dodge Challenger R/T basically starring through the whole film but I think (today anyway) it has to be the old Mini in the "Bourne Identity" film, though the old Lada taxi in the newer "Bourne Supremacy" was outstandingly good.

What's yours? If it's not on the poll just let us know coz I ended up with more than 10 so don't want to leave a spare for "others".

Jim

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I quite like the one from Basic Instinct.

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kevin Slegg said:
Errhh - Jim where's the poll????

BTW mines the chase in The Italian Job (the original one)
Kevin,

I was still typing!!!! How on earth does that happen??:confused:

Yeah, I loved that too. I could vote for all of the above - that's the trouble with your own poll sometimes!;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
simons said:
Dont remember seeing a chase in Basic Instinct must of had my mind elsewhere!!!
What! You don't remember the chase between the Lotus Espirit and the crap American car (Mustang or something) along the twisty cliffs...it's the second best scene in that film :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah,I think ronin must be the best car chase I've seen,she dosen't half give that beemer a good thrashing,did anyone notice the Alfa 75 getting mashed in the tunnel?
The italian job is one of my favourite films ever but vanishing point is also good, a bit weird but good.
There was some brilliant car chases in the bond films ,Octopussy springs to mind with the GTV 6 but the other ones involved a renault 5 turbo , citroen 2cvs and a double decker bus:eek: .Excellent stuff.

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
I voted for Vanishing Point but my favourite isn't on the list. For me the scariest and most frightening car chase was in Duel.

·
Registered
539 Posts
:lol: You beat me to it jamieGTV, the GTV6 in James Bond is great, what a power slide through the army base.:)

I vote for Ronin, the chase with the BMW/406 is awesome especially the handbrake/4 wheel drift the driver pulls in the 406 through the 90 degree turn!:cool:

For me the best car scene is in the Audi when they leave the ambush to escape the police with Sean Bean in the back. The 4 wheel drifts are great. Watch the way the driver throws the car in, waits for the grip, dumps the power back on to open the turn angle and then backs off to pull the car straight, THATS how you drive 4 wheel drive!

Also the bumper shots must have been inspired by the clip on this forums Other Marques page "a paris taxi ride".

Don't make films like they used to . . . . .Smokey and the bandit, Cannonball Run,Gumball Rally,Shaker Run even Disney's Condorman had a great chase with a slant nose porsche! As a kid i always loved Mad Max 1 & 2!

No wonder we are all car nuts thats what we were fed as kids, well i was! :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
SpiderS4 said:
Ronin is the best!

The car chase in Nice is the reason I bought the DVD. Shame they did not use a 164.

Yup the stuff filmed around here is the best part of "Ronin"

Lot's of "My-mate's-parents-own-that-house" moments! :)

Pure class.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts