Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the great product placement by the chaps at Alfa in tonight's A Touch of Frost.......that Spider looked delectable......bet it drums up a few sales!!!???

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
think there was also a silver 159 in shot at one point early on. I knew the father had done it :cheese:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Yep, the 'owner' of the 159 was quite tasty!!!!

And I thought it was the vicar!!!!! lol
and a 156 in a driveway.

So many cars in one 10 minutes:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Must admit i thought it was the other father but not the holy father ( or should that be mother) :confused:

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
I spotted 'em...... kept telling the misses....she thinks i'm mad....probably right...:lol:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It was a bit wierd. Everywhere in that town were Alfas. Spider/Brera/159/156. Anyone would thing they are common cars. I could nt believe it. they jus kept turning up

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Hey guys this is my speciality. Product Placement in this country is still against the OFCOM code (with the exception of American imported television). It's not product placement if the production company receives no money for it. If they get loaned cars for the program for free, that's okay. However, if one product is shown too much, it can breach the "Undue Prominence" rule. This can be measured over the course of a series, so if over the series they show a lot of different cars, it's fine.

The use of the cars has to be editorially justified, i.e. fairly natural in the program. I.e. you can't have the car company saying right, I'll lend you these cars, but I want the first shot to be a close up of the badge zooming out to a leggy blonde stepping out of the car in a very short skirt".

As much as I wouldn't mind to see that sort of thing, it's not acceptable ;)

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Initially I was delighted to see so many Alfas on one show, and remarked to the current Mrs. Revski how fantastic it all was.

Until she pointed out the fact that the main Spider in question was driven by a greedy immoral knob, and is it really a good idea if Alfa Romeo associated it's cars with people like him.

Anyway, she's wrong and I'm right again.

Right, just off to rob a one legged orphan. See you soon.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ha! I saw that too, and enjoyed seeing the Alfas.

The actual story was quite weak and predictable, though, I thought, and not up to JF's usual standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts