Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a really good time last night guys :thumbs:

I really needed this trip :p

For those who dont know what I'm on about, last night we gathered up at my house at 9:30pm and set off for a FAST mountain drive on the twisty roads up to Palaichori.

Apart from me in my 33, the othere guys were:

George in his 500 Abarth
Seixis in his highly modified Punto GT
Photos with Shant in his GT
Nikolas in his Integrale
Nikos in his MiTo
Costas in his Sprint
Vasilis in his Fiat Coupe

The plan was simple:
We agreed that we were going on a FAST drive to get it out of our system, and that each of us would be on their own - no waiting up for slower guys :D

We arrived at Palechori in 20 to 21 mins (normally a 45min drive) and stopped at a restaurant to have a little something to eat :rolleyes:

The first three to arrive were me, George in his 500 Abarth and Seixis in his Punto GT.
Vasilis was keeping up to a point but then he fell back , then it was Nikos in his MiTo, Costas in his Sprint and Nikolas in his Integrale.
Finally, after we already sat down at the restaurant, Photos decided to show up with Shant in his GT :thumbs:

Dinner... or rather SNACK must have really helped our drive down because we were heavier and gravity pulled us down faster :lol:

Overtaking was a must, and at half way down, it was just me and George up front, while Seixis was stuck last from the beginning and caught up with us just while entering Nicosia :thumbs:
Way down was even less than 20 mins, with the speedometer's showing between 180 and 200 at some point :eek:

Had a REALLY REALLY nice time last night, it was EXACTLY what I needed to boost my moral ;)

Oh, and just in case anyone from the police department is reading this, please be informed that:
I'm writing a Novel with Fictional characters in extreme circumstances in random time and places.
None of the above has ever happened and no animals were harmed during the writing of this novel :thumbs:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tip: if we're going to up to Palaichori, stay behind the Palaichorian ;)
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Yeap, it seemed to work fine for you ! :lol:
You were constantly up my ....... behind me :thumbs:

Great driving George as usual !
That little 500 Abarth is a rocket :thumbs:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we both could do with some improvements ;)

By the way, I just found out from my uncle, that 5 mins before we left, there was speed radar control at the straight where you overtook, 5-6 cars before the left bend !

I think it might had been the Ice Cream truck we saw going up on our way down :lol:

In other news, I hear that the boys went for an extra round after we came back to Nicosia !
Drag racing I believe is the name of the sport... :rolleyes:... and they kept really quiet about it...

Again , THIS IS ALL SCIENCE FICTION.
NONE of this ever actually happened
:tut:

Have I told you that I flew to New York last night and came back this morning just in time for work ?

·
Registered
762 Posts
That Pajero ice cream truck?
Somebody must've called earlier and said that there's a bunch of loud italian cars terrorising the tarmac.
Shame they arrived AFTER we ate and left :p

Says a lot that they didn't invite us for some drag racing....
maybe by the time they finally got to Nicosia, we were probably tucked in bed :D

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

I cant wait to hear what they have to say about the subject :thumbs:

Re the Pajero Ice Cream Truck, I actually feel disappointed that we missed them... or they missed us ....
I would much rather see the expression on their faces when a bunch of Italian cars flew by them without stopping ....

...theoretically speaking.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember that Ice cream truck, u guys must have been really craving for ice cream as you really slowed down when u saw it! as for the drag racing...we thought that you were going to already be there...obviously u guys must have chickened out...obviously! btw, who ever had problems with his car after last night and needs chris to the rescue must wait in line. I call dibs!

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know! dont remind me! :p
Dont remind YOU ? What about me ???? :eek:

Well basically, the red sprint will go tonight, and HOPEFULLY so will Savvas's 33.

Now George will be coming tomorrow for his SS kit and after that there's not much I can do as we are going for a social visit with Rodo and the baby.

I couldnt care less about Photos's Panda or 75 :D
I've got both of those in my schedule/timetable and the Panda is due to begin on Monday the 22nd the EARLIEST - which is turning out to be very optimistic since I've got another 2 cars lined up for next week - and his 75 is due to begin working on it on Monday the 5th of August the EARLIEST !!

So Costas, IF George's SS transplant goes as planned tomorrow, and I have an hour or so to spare, I can have a look at your Sprint, see whats went wrong with your alternator ;)

How does that sound ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It was a very nice and quiet night... The trees slowly moved their leaves in boredom, and all nature was resting in a relaxed and peaceful fashion. Suddenly, the wrath of Khan, Lucifer and Thor all rolled into one fell upon the sacred mountain of Troodos: a menacing 33 1.7 tore the peace asunder, with a sound coming from the 9th circle of Dante's Inferno, followed by an Abarth 500 scorching the earth. The two kept punishing the asphalt, constantly shaking leaves and rocks on the way... and then, the wistles and bangs of a huge turbo echoing in the distance. It was time for the MkI Punto GT to scare the elves. Shortly afterwards, a strange and indiscreet growl from a DOHC 5 pot complemented the Mayhem. The Coupe 20vt raped its tyres on the twisty roads of the scenery.
...and then there was silence
...come bite my thumb! I hope you know the stakes!
1 boxer, an I-4 and a legendary turbo four in perfect harmony, forming a crescento in b maggiore, capable of shaping the best tenors...
Troodos will never be the same again...
But the torture for the gonad macadam was anything but over. Just as nature started to fall back in the sweet lapse of Morpheus's embrace, the vandals returned, destroying the remains, as the infernal carnivorous winds lick the remaining glowing embers...
Mark the date Palaichori lost its innocence: July 18, MMXIII E.H.

...and THAT'S HOW YOU WRITE FICTION!!!
GREAT DRIVE, GREAT COMPANY, GREAT FOOD, IMPECCABLE SOUNDS AND SMELLS :D

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was a very nice and quiet night... The trees slowly moved their leaves in boredom, and all nature was resting in a relaxed and peaceful fashion. Suddenly, the wrath of Khan, Lucifer and Thor all rolled into one fell upon the sacred mountain of Troodos: a menacing 33 1.7 tore the peace asunder, with a sound coming from the 9th circle of Dante's Inferno, followed by an Abarth 500 scorching the earth. The two kept punishing the asphalt, constantly shaking leaves and rocks on the way... and then, the wistles and bangs of a huge turbo echoing in the distance. It was time for the MkI Punto GT to scare the elves. Shortly afterwards, a strange and indiscreet growl from a DOHC 5 pot complemented the Mayhem. The Coupe 20vt raped its tyres on the twisty roads of the scenery.
...and then there was silence
...come bite my thumb! I hope you know the stakes!
1 boxer, an I-4 and a legendary turbo four in perfect harmony, forming a crescento in b maggiore, capable of shaping the best tenors...
Troodos will never be the same again...
But the torture for the gonad macadam was anything but over. Just as nature started to fall back in the sweet lapse of Morpheus's embrace, the vandals returned, destroying the remains, as the infernal carnivorous winds lick the remaining glowing embers...
Mark the date Palaichori lost its innocence: July 18, MMXIII E.H.

...and THAT'S HOW YOU WRITE FICTION!!!
GREAT DRIVE, GREAT COMPANY, GREAT FOOD, IMPECCABLE SOUNDS AND SMELLS :D
:thumbs:
I think I just came .... Tissue ? :eek:

you forgot the second long silence, the one followed by the moan of an Armenian ...
I also think I just ****ed my self laughing ! :cheese: hahahahahahahahahaha

REally good one :thumbs:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Come on, guys... Shant doesn't have a clue what these things mean in REAL life... :)
I just spend a lot of my spare time reading various articles. Also, a lot of imagination. :cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts