Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my guilietta in this morning to have the oil change warning reset at my favoured independent garage, anyway it's the first time I've been to him with the Alfa although I've been using him for the past four years for the wife's car and my previous ..... Focus, with no problems whatsoever. Long story short , he was in the final technician of the year UK in 2014 and won it outright in 2015 ( which is why I started using him in the first place)part of which was done at Fiats training school. He's happy to work on Alfas and he's a really nice helpful bloke. Anyway the name is
ADG Autotech and his name is Andy Gravel and he's at Flixborough industrial estate. All the details can be found on Google so don't take my word for it .
Just thought I ought to share

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Does he have a website or at least a phone number? All that Google produced were media reports of his winning the technician award.

Cynic that I am while I am sure he is happy to work on Alfas so is the ex company mechanic I have used for 30 years but I am not sure that my guy has the knowledge of the vagaries of them to trust him with the Giulietta. I would need to know a little more than he has won that award. What is his experience before setting up ADG Autotech in March 2015? Where did he serve his apprenticeship?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ADG Autotech
Unit 14 Wharfside Court
Flixborough Industrial EST
Scunthorpe
DN16 8SE
01724 487250
I've got the 2.0 oil burner and he was aware of some of its issues and he was also aware that feeding the incorrect oil to the multi air petrol will cause problems. As for apprenticeships, I'm not sure. I haven't interrogated him but he hasn't set off my very keen bull***t alarm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for this, I'm actually new to this forum (and to owning an Alfa) and I've been looking for a local garage I can trust.
I have a 170 multiair Giulietta which unfortunately has already been having some issues which Dan at Autolusso in Penrith is sorting. Although he's brilliant at what he does, the long treck up there involves taking a day off work, which isn't ideal.
Somewhere so close to Scunthorpe would be perfect

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,328 Posts
If you give Andy a try let us know what you think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will do, although I'm hoping I won't need to see another mechanic for a while. I love this car to bits but it's been costing me a fortune recently 😂

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,328 Posts
I will do, although I'm hoping I won't need to see another mechanic for a while. I love this car to bits but it's been costing me a fortune recently 😂
It's only money Rachael !!!

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Rachael,

The Yorkshire lounge have good things to say about Northern Alfa at Maltby. I haven't used him yet but intend trying him for a service before Christmas. The workshop is on the road from Tickhill to Maltby so the shortest way is to go down to Gainsborough, across to Bawtry and then on to Tickhill and towards Maltby.
This thread from last year discusses the limited option in North Lincolnshire
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/lincolnshire/879466-alfa-independent-garage-grimsby.html

Whereabouts in Scunthorpe are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rachael,

The Yorkshire lounge have good things to say about Northern Alfa at Maltby. I haven't used him yet but intend trying him for a service before Christmas. The workshop is on the road from Tickhill to Maltby so the shortest way is to go down to Gainsborough, across to Bawtry and then on to Tickhill and towards Maltby.
This thread from last year discusses the limited option in North Lincolnshire
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/lincolnshire/879466-alfa-independent-garage-grimsby.html

Whereabouts in Scunthorpe are you?
That's great, thank you :)

I live in Bottesford (Timberlands). I do recognise your car in your profile, it's stunning. I haven't seen a Giulietta in that colour before (I think you actually clocked me admiring it when we drove past one another recently haha!)

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I am just off Scotter Road almost opposite the entrance to the Parklands mobile homes site. The car is normally in the carport between house and garage. You are welcome to admire it any time.:happy:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Rachael

I have had a couple of Giuliettas (although I decided to run an older 147 and a Maserati in their place last year)and have a number of members of the AROC who have them in the local area.

One recommendation I have is Roger Evans at Peak Alfa which is at Hope valley in Derbyshire. Again it is not exactly close.

If you want to come along and talk to us we are a very friendly and social group that meets at the Red Lion at Redbourne on the second Tuesdays of the month from around 7.00 onwards. We had a get together yesterday unfortunately so the next meeting will be Nov14th.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts