Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at recent threads just lately and it seems to be just one model of Alfa going out on runs. GTV, GTA... which is all well and good, but I was thinking about maybe doing a GT meet and run. I know that we're only missing one letter, but I was thinking about doing something like this.

Don't know where, don't know when. Any suggestions? If we want to get a lot of GTs together, probably best to go of north London, I guess. :cool:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That's a great Vid of GT's,I would like to join but sadly my I don't own one yet,just got a humble 147 2.0 :cry:.
Great idea though:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If I can sneak my diesel between the V6's then its a plan!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah I'm up for it, count me in Tom!! I was thinking in the square there wasn't as many as there seemed, and they were going round in a circle, until I saw the car park at the end!! Well, a 159 sw snuck in, so I'm sure U could join in the 147 mate!! Gt's and 147's do at least have the same dashboard, and the 147 GTA and the gt have the same front wings!!
Tom, U doing brooklands on Saturday mate?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah I'm up for it, count me in Tom!! I was thinking in the square there wasn't as many as there seemed, and they were going round in a circle, until I saw the car park at the end!! Well, a 159 sw snuck in, so I'm sure U could join in the 147 mate!! Gt's and 147's do at least have the same dashboard, and the 147 GTA and the gt have the same front wings!!
Tom, U doing brooklands on Saturday mate?
:cheese:did'nt think of that, that might be going round in a circle:cheese:
unfortunately I won't make Brooklands year, need to go to work, to recoup the recent major spend up, have a good day, lets hope we sort something out with the GT's:thumbs:

rushy55 would be good if you can make it, Headscan what about you? dtone time to a buy a GT? chubblows wer'nt you thinking about buying a GT?
3 so far!

·
Registered
173 Posts
unfortunately I won't make Brooklands year, need to go to work, to recoup the recent major spend up, have a good day, lets hope we sort something out with the GT's:thumbs:

rushy55 would be good if you can make it, Headscan what about you? dtone time to a buy a GT? chubblows wer'nt you thinking about buying a GT?
3 so far!
That's a shame!! Must admit, if it's tipping it down, I don't think my missus will enjoy it. She's only coming for the day out i think, perhaps I'll be able to convert her into wanting a nice motor!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
BeautifulBusso.. you going to Auto Italia?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
BeautifulBusso.. you going to Auto Italia?
Im not Rushy, got work which sucks, still not made Brooklands since I have owned an Alfa :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Shame, looks a good day. Not seen you since that first Essex meet, couldnt make last one though. Work sucks but it pays for the Busso!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Shame, looks a good day. Not seen you since that first Essex meet, couldnt make last one though. Work sucks but it pays for the Busso!
I know what you mean, no one wanted to attend so didn't see any reason to keep it going for no one to turn up :lol:

I run around in an mx5 these days so the GTA hardly is used so need to give her ago so when you guys say when this meet is happening I will try and make it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, love to join in on a GT tour. Let me know when you get to up to the Lake District (some of the best roads 'In the World')

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

3 so far!
I do want a V6 GT but I need to wait a little bit longer.But I can't stop looking at autotrader just in case i find the right one:lol:

Maybe do a joint GT/147 run as I don't think there is any for the 147.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'd be up for it if the date works out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, seem's to be a bit of intrest in this,:cool: at the last count 9 car's, I'll stick some post's up in other area lounge's and see what happens! as for date's was thinking maybe late july and roads don't know just yet,(alcooker) was thinking of coming up your way somewhere as it's kind of central, do you know of any good roads? maybe somewhere with a premier inn on route so if anyone want's to stay the night, let,s make this happen:D

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
tom17...I have a few itn files from some old meets a few years ago of roads around Kent and Surrey :) they yours if you want them :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tom17...I have a few itn files from some old meets a few years ago of roads around Kent and Surrey :) they yours if you want them :)
thanks for your help Busso, but l thinking of route's north of London up your way maybe, Essex, Hertfordshire, as it would be more central (ish)

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
I would have been interested a year ago.... but I'm now GT'less :cry:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts