Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Not really a "must drive" road, but if you're in North Lincolnshire & want a traffic-free alternative to the A16, try Caistor High Street (B1225) from Horncastle to Caistor then A1084 Brigg Road to Brigg - the Cross Keys at Grasby does good food!

Another of my little Lincolnshire favourites is Bluestone Heath Road, from the A16 at South Thoresby to the A153 at Cawkwell Hill, just South of Cadwell Park.

Living on the edge of the Peak District, I'm surrounded by good driving (& even better riding!) roads.

Not in the UK, but close enough: if you ever find yourself in Ireland, the Healy Pass (R574) from near Adrigole in County Cork to near Lauragh in County Kerry is a definite must.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
The A5 between Bethesda and Betsy Coed was always a good drive, some lovely scenery, not much traffic, (enough overtaking opportunities too).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The road that the "old hands" of Car Magazine used to venerate was the B6277 from Middleton-in-Teesdale up to Alston. I haven't driven it in years but it was a big favourite of theirs - back when it was a good magazine.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The Antrim coast road is very nice here in Northern Ireland.

·
Registered
478 Posts
There are obviously fabulous roads for scenery all over the UK but an unexpectedly fun road is the B390 which crosses Salisbury Plain from Stonehenge to Knook army camp. I call it the Tank Crossing road and it has some very entertaining stretches including a long straight where high speeds might be possible. :cheese:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Loads in the North of England.
Buttertubs Pass, Harknott Pass, Rynose Pass, Jackson Ground, Lyther Fell, Trough of Bowland, Barbon Dale, Deepdale, Bowland Knotts, Blakey Ridge, Rosedale Chimney.

I could go on.... :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not really a "must drive" road, but if you're in North Lincolnshire & want a traffic-free alternative to the A16, try Caistor High Street (B1225) from Horncastle to Caistor then A1084 Brigg Road to Brigg - the Cross Keys at Grasby does good food!
+1 :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts