Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure we have all had some great Alfa drives.

Last weekend I went out with a few friends, a very eclectic group of cars
: previous gen Porsche Cayman S
: Renault Sport Spider
: Ferrari 360 Spider
: Porsche 997 Carrera S
: Ferrari 430 Scuderia 16M
: Austin Healey Replica with a BMW 325 motor.

We don't drive flat out but each person drives for their own enjoyment at a pace they are comfortable with. Anyway lined up a traffic light on road which will remain a mystery. Had the Cayman next to me and I messed up the launch and got killed.

Next robot and I in the back of my mind I had Ian's various posts. I had a better launch time and I caught the Cayman napping. I was ahead and stayed way until the next robot....all of 400 metres later. Now we had three lanes to play with and the 16 M joined up. I knew this was going to be slaughter so I didn't even bother but hearing the Ferrari scream to 8500 rpm was special.

It was just a perfect drive, fantastic scenery, a few mountain passes and then it was time for Hellshoogte, a road which seems to particularly suit my GTV with the strange suspension set up it has. Out braked the both the Cayman and the 360 and passed them in the corner....GTV seems to stick glue there.

Had a tough work week so got up at 5.30 this morning and went for a drive, again headed out to Stellenbosch and no it wasn't a super fast drive but just being able to get the Busso up in the rev range, 160-180 along the N2 (its absolutely empty at 6am on a Sunday) and the GTV really lives up to it GT credentials.

There are thing which really irritate me about the GTV but with these sorts of drives I can forgive it almost anything.

What have been some of your most memorable Alfa drives?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Every time I'm invited down to Cpt for a car launch I'm left jealous of the many great routes available to you guys. Jo'burg is sorely lacking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Back when the GTV's were released they were well known for their outright excellent handling, so it's no suprise you left them behind in the corners :yes:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
We're thinking of doing a run on the 5th of June,Cape Alfa. Can I pm you for your route, please?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Next robot and I in the back of my mind I had Ian's various posts. I had a better launch time and I caught the Cayman napping. I was ahead and stayed way until the next robot....all of 400 metres later.
Launch your GTV right and it will really run :biglaugh: I'm glad I could inspire you :smoker:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
What RPM do you launch your GTV in Ian?
3500 to 4000rpm, but not aggressively. Drag the clutch slightly, just give enough to hold revs and once going (about a split second later) then floor it. Else you sit in a white cloud of Bridgestone's finest, going nowhere, with a huge grin on your face while shouting "pooooweeerrrrrrrrr!!!!!!" :cheese:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts