Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Didn't watch tonights program but it's been good so far, great if you've done any diving :)

I'll be catching it for sure on the old iplayer :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Proper eye opening goggle box stuff :thumbs:

Respect to the ninja turtles :cool:
The turtles in Moreton Bay where I go sailing can cop a hard time from humans. The stinkboats can run over them. Some bahstard fishermen shoot them with shotguns. The other are crab-pots. Every time we see a crab-pot while sailing I get my brother to pull over and I tear it to bits. They have a nasty habit of attracting juvenile turtles that get stuck in there and drown. :(

P

·
0 Posts
Are the bugs as tasty as they say?

Never made it to the East Coast when I was over there.
When I was growing up they would throw away and/or give away the Moreton Bay Bugs because people weren't attracted to them because of the name. Then they changed the name to shovel-nosed lobsters and they started to sell reasonably well. Now with tourism as big as it is, they have changed the names back to Moreton Bay Bugs and they are up there with lobster in demand and cost. :)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
So what do they taste like, langoustine, Lobster?

I tried yabbies they were very tasty but they're fresh waster crayfish big buggers but still crayfish.

P

·
0 Posts
So what do they taste like, langoustine, Lobster?

I tried yabbies they were very tasty but they're fresh waster crayfish big buggers but still crayfish.
You're asking the wrong person. :) I'm a vegan. My brother absolutely loves them and says they are much more sweet and tender than crayfish and he prefers them to prawns and mud-crabs, although he says sand-crabs, (blue swimmers), give them a good run for the money. For some reason there seems to be a lot more recipes for them than other shellfish so they are probably more versatile in that department.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The turtles in Moreton Bay where I go sailing can cop a hard time from humans. The stinkboats can run over them. Some bahstard fishermen shoot them with shotguns. The other are crab-pots. Every time we see a crab-pot while sailing I get my brother to pull over and I tear it to bits. They have a nasty habit of attracting juvenile turtles that get stuck in there and drown. :(
:wow: Your'e a proper ...Angry Ant :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
You're asking the wrong person. :) I'm a vegan. My brother absolutely loves them and says they are much more sweet and tender than crayfish and he prefers them to prawns and mud-crabs, although he says sand-crabs, (blue swimmers), give them a good run for the money. For some reason there seems to be a lot more recipes for them than other shellfish so they are probably more versatile in that department.
No worries, just the curious chef in me asking about something I've never tasted.

P

·
0 Posts
:wow: Your'e a proper ...Angry Ant :thumbs:
Actually they are really crab-nets as shown below. Too right I'm angry. The dugong as shown below have been around for millions of years in Moreton Bay and are now virtually extinct. Gentle creatures that live on sea-grass and never harmed a flea.

==============

Attachments

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually they are really crab-nets as shown below. Too right I'm angry. The duhgong as shown below have been around for millions of years in Moreton Bay and are now virtually extinct. Gentle creatures that live on sea-grass and never harmed a flea.

==============
I'm referring to the TV programme 'Great Barrier Reef ' aired tonight in the UK ..

You are obviously more aware of this stuff than we !

P

·
0 Posts
I'm referring to the TV programme 'Great Barrier Reef ' aired tonight in the UK ..

You are obviously more aware of this stuff than we !
No problems. I was aware that you you were talking about a TV program and I guess I went off on a bit of a tangent. No go at you at all, because you were saying how you liked the sea turtles. I'm talking about being angry at people that will intrude into millions of years of natural harmony and in the space of a couple of hundred years fuk it to bits for gain. :(

Believe me there are people who would destroy the Barrier Reef overnight if there were dollars in it for them. Not to mention there is a shipping channel right next to the Reef and ships have been known to discharge oil and all sorts of garbage when they think they aren't being watched. Luckily they are, and the fines they are given are huge but there are still plenty of deadshiits around who just don't give a stuff.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Actually they are really crab-nets as shown below. Too right I'm angry. The dugong as shown below have been around for millions of years in Moreton Bay and are now virtually extinct. Gentle creatures that live on sea-grass and never harmed a flea.

==============
That's so sad, PT :(

What is being done in terms of conservation?

P

·
0 Posts
Well ...I was going to have a go at the people that film these spectaculars ..
Well it's a two-edged sword. Advertising these places make people more aware that they need protection, but on the other hand more people are attracted therefore leading to it needing more protection.

I'm not sure what's it all about, but I subscribe to a British TV viewing service and I'm going to watch the first show in the next hour or so.

P

·
0 Posts
That's so sad, PT :(

What is being done in terms of conservation?
It's too late. the sea-grass is almost all gone so they starve to death. End of story unfortunately. Any that are left get whacked by idiots speeding around in stinkboats.

You want to see sad, see a sea turtle that is around fifty years old, (they can live to around 100 years), struggling on the surface with a shotgun hole in its shell.

P

·
0 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts