Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the caliper refurb thread has been bumped up here's a few pics of mine which i finally gotten around to doing.

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel by saying how i did them, however the torx screws were a real sod to remove,they took the best part of a day !
Everything else was just a process of stripping, cleaning, a repaint and new seals bolts shims etc.

P.S sorry for the pic being upside down, STUPID I Phone orientation (i hate Apple)

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Excellent job - what did you use to strip the paint? I was told that if you use paint strippers, you will need to strip the whole thing including the pistons because the paint stripper will damage the rubber seals right ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shot blasted, pistons and all seals removed then the pistons put back in to stop excessive powder getting in the bores.They were removed after and washed in a parts washer and then thoroughly blown out with an air line.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I found a very good paint stripper - the badger airbrush cleaner. Strips it almost immediately but you might need around 3 cans to get it completely off - they are about £4.50 a can

1 - 15 of 15 Posts