Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1501 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Release date 6th December 2013 :cool:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dec 2013 =Jan 2016, still, I'll pre book asap

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Not touched GT5 for ages. I'll see what the reviews say and maybe treat myself to a wheel this time. I just read that the controller does GT5 no justice.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
What is it and what do you want for it?

....arguably I'm done playing games on it myself as JimJr is on a lot and I don't have as much time. It must be 6-9 months since I played anything and well over a year since last on GT5.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Bargain (depending on P&P charges from Italy!).

I'll have a think if it's worth it from the sense of how much I'd play. I'm off to Poland tomorrow until weekend, will try and get a refresher stint in at weekend and get back to you if that's OK.

·
63,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, released tomorrow (yeah i know!) Looking forward to getting to grips with it :D

Released on both PS3 and PS4

G

·
This looks good and could sway me to the ps4, 40 tracks and over 1200 cars :wow:

Forza is my staple diet but forza 5 on the new xbox has only 200 cars and 14 tracks :rant:

Additional cars and tracks will have to be downloaded at a cost......what a rip off.

·
63,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked it up on my way home and had a play with it last night.

Like all GTs at time of release, it looks phenomenal. If im being critical though, its more of a GT5.5 than a GT6. Seems much the same, different layout with a couple extra cars and tracks. No McLaren P1, still no Porsche (Ruf only), no Ferrari F12 or 599GTO although the addition of the 250GTO and 288GTO is most welcome

Not tried online play yet. One question though, can i race someone from my PS3 against them on their PS4? Same game going through the same (presumably) PSN?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts

Like all GTs at time of release, it looks phenomenal. If im being critical though, its more of a GT5.5 than a GT6. Seems much the same, different layout with a couple extra cars and tracks. No McLaren P1, still no Porsche (Ruf only), no Ferrari F12 or 599GTO although the addition of the 250GTO and 288GTO is most welcome

Not tried online play yet. One question though, can i race someone from my PS3 against them on their PS4? Same game going through the same (presumably) PSN?
I suspect not, though I've not looked into it yet. I might be persuaded if there's a well priced PS4 bundle with it but will have to see - I do like the new tracks and I notice that they are appearing to be winding down the GT5 network play.

G

·

PS3 and PS4 can cross platform online but only if game developers put it in the games. There is a rumour that COD developers are working on a patch to cross platform.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I havnt seen any adverts for it referencing PS4, as far as i can see from the adverts and thier own website it seems to be PS3 only, feel free to prove me wrong but i havnt seen anything so far.

Will probably ask for this for christmas, used to love GT series games, but 5 really wasnt as good as i was expecting especially not after a 35 year wait since 4.

·
63,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a bit more of a play with it today, tweaked the car settings and controller settings and it seems to have improved the handling a bit

Course, the fact i HAD to start off with a Honda Jizz wasn't a great beginning to GT life but i have now sold that and bought myself an Abarth 500 and tuned the nackers off it :D

Still not overly convinced the game is as big as it was marketed but then i have only just done my A licence and unlocked the online events section. Won a BMW M4 too, nice car :cool:

1 - 20 of 1501 Posts