Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get a spare ten minutes this weekend, I may try this - it looks really easy :biglaugh::

THE TOP 15 POSTS OF 2015(and of all time): #3- Update of Piper Motorsports 1985 Mercedes Benz 190E Body Grafted onto 2010 C63 AMG Chassis and Drivetrain Project | Car Build Index

I presume they have lobbed a few inches off the C-Class chassis to 'fit' it within the 190's body? I haven't checked, but there's no way the two wheelbases are the same.

The project is not yet complete. When it is, I would like to see a C63 AMG in a drag race with the 190 C63. I wonder what the performance/power to weight ratio is like between the two?

Like I said, when I've got ten minutes later... :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
Happy to come round with angle grinders and hammers and give you a lift. I'm now following it on facebook where it sports an EVO bodykit and looks bordering on evil. I like it.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your offer of grinders is very kind, boss :) I am not on Facebook so I cannot see the progress :( Never mind, we'll just chop mine up instead. But first I need to find a C63. I have to pop into the Co-op tomorrow, so possibly there is a C63 lurking in the bargain basement basket :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
It's cool, but I'm strangely unimpressed. Anything is possible with limitless budgets and facilities. Stick a formula 1 engine in a Morris Minor? Sure, if you have enough money to throw at it.

Compare that to the bloke that built a Humvee to pretty much military spec in his garage out of steel stock and with a well equipped garage. Probably less cool, but way more impressive.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Agree with RXE. I don't really like the look of the old Merc though so my opinion on this specifically might be a bit biased. That colour reminds me of Arthur Daley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts