Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Who can help me with contact details on replacement of my GVQ Windscreen. Had the insurance guys come out to replace mine, but the one they had does not have the top tint. They say that all the replacement windscreens they get dont have the tint, even if they have to order it from the agents.

This just sounds like a crap story. Told them to go away.

I have the sunroof fitted, and blends nicely into the front windscreen. Also have the visibility pack.

Thought the whole idea with insurance is to replace what you have, with the same, not something almost the same. The car is only 3 months old.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Often its cheaper to get a windscreen from the agent then PG or Glasfit or whoever anyways - phone the agent up and ask them how much.

Sneaky bloody underwriters get kick-backs frm the glassfitters.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to go to PG Autoglass down the road here in Sandton and show them exactly what I need.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would have been a know. Then spoke to their representative and he said he can order one from Alfa directly, but said that even those do not come with the top part tinted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I went to PG Autoglass in Sandton. They were very helpfull and phoned with my VIN number and they can get a Original Windscreen in 5 days. Just now need to get my insurance to sort the rest out!!

Now lets just hope that they have the correct one and that it doesnt come thru without the top tint.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorted, Windscreen replaced and perfect original Alfa replacement (Got the AR emblem in the left corner)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts