Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really want this one, I'm looking for a white one R300k and under with 18's and preferably full leather, if its got clotch I'll change it to suade anyway down the line.

This one's got 4700km on it...Silver, full leather and the dreaded 17's...

I'll take the car to one of 3 places I know who'll do a free software map for me, and I'll have to import the DP and build my own CAI and get WMI in there as well...the Novitec springs i'll try and order by end of Feb when I have money again.

The guy who just bought the 18's turbine wheels...how much are they at the stealerships?

What is the PCD of the GQV anyone?

Now the REAL questions are:

Should I wait for a couple more months(can actually afford to buy it in April) hoping that more would pop up that's under R300k?
should I rather buy a GTV and a GTA from someone?
should I rather take the plunge and buy brand new(I don't like this idea)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No there's no way I'm getting that silver thing.

Whaaaaiiiit...got to get rid of some BEE prinicples in my life..so It ALL white EVERYTHING

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its this one:

Alfa Romeo 1750Tbi 173kw Quadrofiglio Verde

AND they will give it to me for R284999...as that's the price it was yesterday and then they realised its undervalued, lol...but they'll give it to me for that price...

Hhhhmmm...it was not a silver one, its this greyish which I also like but prefer white...joh!

Joh
JOh
jOH
JoH
joH

How much are the Turbine wheels?

P

·
0 Posts
Koop die 170TBi Brera :cheese:

Giuli my 18" 5 holes alloys cost R8K when I specked the car so the turbines will probably be close to R12K from the dealership now.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i like to prepare months ahead of time...I'm jut preparing.

i see that 18" turbines are/were R6000 as an option.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes as an option its cheaper, but once you buy it after the car comes off the production line the dealers like to add a margin so they can make some more money...

Same with the oversized exhaust tip that RandomGRK and I have. I paid R1000 for the two oversized tips when I ordered the car. If I had to buy it at a later stage from the dealer it was close to R3000.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yes as an option its cheaper, but once you buy it after the car comes off the production line the dealers like to add a margin so they can make some more money...

Same with the oversized exhaust tip that RandomGRK and I have. I paid R1000 for the two oversized tips when I ordered the car. If I had to buy it at a later stage from the dealer it was close to R3000.
Correct - Last time I saw the turbines cost R6000 if taken upon ordering.
With all this amazing and unbelievable AR extras for a new AR, one would think that they really want to change opinions in the market for hot hatches. They started using their heads...!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
its this one:

Alfa Romeo 1750Tbi 173kw Quadrofiglio Verde

AND they will give it to me for R284999...as that's the price it was yesterday and then they realised its undervalued, lol...but they'll give it to me for that price...

Hhhhmmm...it was not a silver one, its this greyish which I also like but prefer white...joh!

Joh
JOh
jOH
JoH
joH

How much are the Turbine wheels?
**whisper: Black is beautiful **

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Now the REAL questions are:

Should I wait for a couple more months(can actually afford to buy it in April) hoping that more would pop up that's under R300k?
should I rather buy a GTV and a GTA from someone?
should I rather take the plunge and buy brand new(I don't like this idea)
Me personally, I wouldn't buy a car brand new as its an unnecessary extra price to pay when you can get maybe something similar for less than 10-15% of the original price. I would rule that option out.

As for the other two, you are never going to be happy untill you own a GTV/GTA. What I mean is, you are always going to be wanting that Busso bliss:thumbs: I think waiting alittle and buying a Giulietta is a good idea. It has some good tuning abilities - which you enjoy. And its an ultra cool car. It does however, not have the Busso;)

If you could buy a Giulietta and then maybe at the end of the year, find a nice example GTV or so for like a R100K then that would be first prize:thumbs:

To own a GTV/GTA as your daily drive especially if you doing a lot of milage can get a little costly.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Buy a busso. That way u will still be slower lol. Rather wait and get what ur heart really desires.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Paul, what's the GQV's fuel consumption like compared to your GT? I'd love to see a write-up comparing the two if you have the time.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
They both suck with a heavy foot. Lol.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Guili just be patient and wait for what you want. You'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes I will wait...I'm sure there'll be a white one with 18" Turbine wheels coming up soon.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I'm sure the GQV must be much ligher on fuel if you can contain yourself,
But when you hoof it it would need fuel for the boost (air).

Stock for stock you think GQV is fater than your old GT??? :confused:

Stock for stock the gv is slightly quicker up to about 12. After that the busso sneaks ahead but they are pretty evenly matched. The power jet changes that though

1 - 20 of 40 Posts