Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to give the gqv a new look and ordered some nice carbon wing mirrors with alfa romeo decal.i have decided to swap all badges for the black and silver new style and remove wing badges and replace with silver and black sticker cloverleaf instead.i have covered the chrome outdated looking window surrounds with matt black vinyl which makes the car look much more aggressive(check launch edition model).also gloss carbon wrapped grill inlays which looks cool.
will post pics when all finished and carbon mirrors arrive(200 pounds ouch).:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I personally like the chrome window surrounds on the GQV. Wonder what the carbon wing mirror surrounds look like as the GQV already has a different non color matched mirror surrounds.

Look forward to seeing both before and after modding pics :)

R

·
0 Posts
decided to give the gqv a new look and ordered some nice carbon wing mirrors with alfa romeo decal.i have decided to swap all badges for the black and silver new style and remove wing badges and replace with silver and black sticker cloverleaf instead.i have covered the chrome outdated looking window surrounds with matt black vinyl which makes the car look much more aggressive(check launch edition model).also gloss carbon wrapped grill inlays which looks cool.
will post pics when all finished and carbon mirrors arrive(200 pounds ouch).:thumbup:
what vinyl did you use and was it easy to apply

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
£200 for carbon mirror caps?
Bargain!
How does the weave look from inside the car?
My lineaccesories ones (over £300 ) aren't a mirror (pun intended) image side to side.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi
I used matt black vinyl off ebay.get 1.52 metre x500mm piece for around a fiver and cut into inch wide pieces and shape around surrounds.on the trickier corners use heat gun or hair dryer to soften vinyl.also look on youtube for tips.carbon mirror caps were from "tmc motorsport" they have some lovely carbon pieces for the guilietta.next will be carbon spoiler for 300 pounds.check out "koshigroup"carbon parts also but very expensive.not sure what mirrors are like from inside as not arrived yet and car is in for respray tomorrow .will let you know.:thumbup:keep on modding

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi went into paint last week pick up tomorrow.mirror caps out of stock till next week grrrrr.will post pics asap
oh it will happen..also got headlight smoke tint to do now also..patience :paranoid::biglaugh:
seems to have took long time in paint hope it is okay as already had problems with 8c paint match before

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fitted headlight film today and put all silver and black badges on including wheel centres.will put new qv badges on wings after paint has hardened off a bit as just come out of respray.pics to follow...headlight film looks amazing in medium smoke a bit fiddly to fit but worth it...looks really MEAN:thumbup:
I'm thinking about fitting some rs focus bonnet vents next but not sure about rain getting in engine bay?any ideas how this works with open vents on bonnets.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also tinted side repeaters as in last photo...will do something with door handles as too stand out I want them a bit darker..may wrap them too....wish those carbon mirrors would hurry up..what do you lot reckon on bonnet vents?place in Essex supply and fit 70 pounds and 45 minute wait:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes definitely need to darken those handles . That seems to be the last obvious silver parts left and it does tend to stick out a bit.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes they are on my radar to do...watch this space...love the tint on headlights.wonder if it will be too street for the more sophisticated alfisti out there:paranoid:with all the gqvs in town I wanted to make it a bit more personalised and as I want to show next year at local Italian day wanted it to be a bit special:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
NAh, smokey headlamps look good! How about the front alfa grill. Are you going to tape out the silver trim there too?

Also there is the mod done by alfaoxon that involved replacing the horizontal slats Alfa grill with the latest honey comb alfa grill. The new grill come standard with a non chrome finish.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not too worried about grill as I have carboned the grill slats...not sure about chrome at moment...door handles are going graphite as car is back in paint as noticed a few overspray issues so they said they will do handles.
it will look better than a veloce but it was deffo an inspiration:thumbup:maybe not totally original but my wing badges are gonna set it off.they are slightly larger than originals with dark silver background and black cloverleafs in the triangle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can u publish link for said badges? Might be a great addition to my black qv, my green badge got some color degradation.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts