Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has been awhile but though I would share my interesting weekend.

Was on the way to lakeside and was stationary waiting for a Pink KA to turn right. There were two cars behind me that were also stationary and left good gaps. This is when you hear the dreaded skid screech. I looked in the rear view mirror to see a white Van man coming at speed and not looking likely to stop.

This is when he hits us all. My car was last in the pile as the KA only seconds before this had started to turn right. If it was another 10 sec would have been on my way and most likely have not got hit.

Doesn't look too bad from the pic but the exhaust bore aren't lining up need a new bumper and the spare wheel area is squished up against the spare tyre, last but not lease the passenger airbag light is on as well. Have got a mini Cooper S as my Courtesy car atm nippy but not as nice as my Alf.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:eek::eek: Glad everyone was ok though

·
Registered
565 Posts
some one nearly crashed into the back of me today but braked just in time, not to the extent of this crash but would of definitely done some damage. have to admit a part of me was gutted they didn't hit me because my mito needs a new bumper anyway:lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
nasty, hope you called the police, i had this happen to me in a golf i had many years ago, hit by a 4x4 in standing traffic, got all the details off the driver, he agreed it was his fault and would settle the repair without the insurance as it was insured in his dads name, it was a custom golf so the bill was over 1.2k, i went round his house a couple of times to let him know what was going on, the last visit he said get come back the next day and he will have the cash.
went back and the house was empty doors wide open no trace of the ****
called the police and they said as you didnt report it at the time they could not help,
lesson learned the hard way allways call them they wont come but will have a record for use if needed

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Unbelievable, DazMega! What an idiotic driver...bet he felt like a right fool!

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car, btw. Hope it gets put back to brand new again! :)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Anyone see the BMW on the Traffic Cops program last night? Driver drove into back of stationery Audiin a toll booth ... police estimate she was doing around 40-45 mph. CCTV showed NO BRAKE lights at all.

She "claimed" the brakes failed.

But police found an open wallet on floor of car and think she may have been looking for the credit card to use!

What's more unbelievable ... Police didn't charge her !!! What happened to "due care and attention" ???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone see the BMW on the Traffic Cops program last night? Driver drove into back of stationery Audiin a toll booth ... police estimate she was doing around 40-45 mph. CCTV showed NO BRAKE lights at all.
I saw that, and the amount police are so onto young drivers such as myself! If that had've been me driving up the *** of the audi, i'd have had a 5 year ban, a whopping great fine and probably bent over in a prison as well!!!!!! :tut:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the car back today gave it a quick once over and looks like the exhaust tips don't line up flush. Am i right in thinking on the 155 that they are flush if some mine and about 1cm out. Total cost for the repairs came to a grand total of £2970.42 :eek:.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i think i know what you mean - don't think the exhausts are meant to be flush

see here

they are flush if some mine and about 1cm out
although what on earth were you trying to say here?? :confused: :)

glad car is sorted though

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm pretty sure they protrude a little from the curvature of the plastic. I will check tomorrow if you wish if no one confirms before then.

If I've not got back to you pm ne to remind me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I though on my old rear box the two tips linded up as - - but seen a cloverleaf and it's - _ so its looking like its all fixed ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts