Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having lurked on this site for several months and chatted to Joe90GT I finally took the plunge yesterday. Car is a silver 1972 2000 and is very original. I completed the journey from North Yorkshire with no problems, just a bit deaf and a stiff ankle! Got a few things to do, so will be looking for recommendations as the car needs a new hood and a respray due to micro blistering. Will post some pictures shortly.
Rich

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Great news and an excellent choice if I may say so :thumbs: i really like silver ones so looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Great stuff Rich - post up some piccies, bring it round and we'll have a look underneath - there's lots on this year starting with the Giro on the 23rd June, its all go when you have an Alfa!

G

·
Great News ! Hope to see you & the car at the Giro Panoramico on June 23rd...it's in your neighborhood, and would be a perfect event to break the car in, without straying too far from home !
Re stiff ankle...I feel your pain ! The pedals are at a somewhat awkward angle. All part of the fun.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
It would be great if we all met at Twyning on the 23rd, and even better if its a nice day!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Congrats, hope you have loads of fun. Try adopting the Italian 'splayed leg' driving stance and rolling your feet onto the clutch and throttle. May help.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Its funny about the driving position: I had a sud sprint which was classic ape but my spider seems to be really comfy, I haven't done huge distances in it but it seems to suit me really well apart from the backrest which could do with a steeper angle.., hopefully get some distance driving in this year and I may come back with a different story

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Rich - I've emailed you as your PM inbox is too full apparently
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts