Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gorgeous looking car, depending if you want to drive it or show it, get the spare engine as well so all the dates match up.
I’d love to drive it, though not daily.

·
Administrator
46,138 Posts
Interesting. Why would you particularly want a Hertz edition?

Definitely go for it if you can though. They're worth it for the noise alone.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Love the colour combo of the Hertz edition :D
Black and gold?

you'll look like a pimp :lol:

I love Mustangs, '67 fastback for me... blue with white stripes or white with blue stripes

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
It's one car that is on my bucket list. I wanted one for my 40th. Never bought it. I think, I'll soon in the position to buy one but I'm not going to.
I think it may well be the last car I ever own.

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
That looks like a really nice usable car, get it bought!

I wouldn't worry about the spare engine too much. It isn't the car's actual engine so it won't be a matching numbers car even with that in it. To sad number obsessed weirdos that will hurt its value a wee bit. To everyone else, it makes them a bit of a bargain.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
People used to race the Hertz ones, I hear stories they were all well and truly thrashed, even some being returned with the holes where anti roll bars were put in temporarily. I do have a thing for stangs though.

·
Administrator
46,138 Posts
Mind you, I'd rather a Charger or a 'Cuda.

As lovely as the 'Stang is, I'd go for something a little more left field.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lovely car. A childhood friend of mine inherited a '64 convertible of these and it was tons of fun. She was never able to drive further than 120 km on it without filling up the tank though :thumbup:

·
Administrator
46,138 Posts
I am with you on the Charger, not so much the Barracuda.
That's the quandary. The Charger looks amazing - but the 'Cuda is ... differenter.

·
Administrator
46,138 Posts

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
And the 'Cuda has that really purposeful looking uplift in the side just before the glass house ends.

You want the green one off this thread:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/625233-ever-accidentally-attended-a-car-meet.html

It's perfect. You start hearing wah-wah funk guitar playing just looking at it.
Nice car. Styling is a blatant rip off of the 1st Generation Camaro, but nice car.

To be honest I don't think there's a muscle/pony car up to '73ish that I don't like.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts