Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve taken delivery of “Alfredo”, my new 159 2.4 JTDm and I have to say I’m pretty pleased so far. A quick blast down to the Cotswolds on Sunday brought that Alfa grin back after 4 ½ years. Pity the Fosse Way has sprung so many damned speed cameras. I hope I spotted them all. 3 points on day two would be a little cruel. It took 3 months to get my first points in my 156!

Anyway, I found plenty of woof, amazing grip, firm, but not too painful ride and decent economy in the high 30’s (better than low 20’s in my Merc V6).

Starts first time every time too, but I am slightly worried by a message I get saying “Change engine oil” which appears on the dashboard display for the first minute or so of running. I’m worried because it was supposed to have been serviced before I picked it up. My concern is that, much against my better judgement, I went to s regular used car salesman instead of a proper dealer and that maybe the “service” it was meant to have had was little more than someone resetting the service interval indicator. Has anyone else had this message?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Diesels only need a change of oil when the degradation sensor says so.

It needs resetting as well as the service indicator, even if the oils was changed.

You'll need to go back.

Cheers,

·
Registered
251 Posts
... A quick blast down to the Cotswolds on Sunday ... Pity the Fosse Way has sprung so many damned speed cameras
Scammeras are due to all the bloody day-tripping tourists using it as a race track. Don't even get me started on the organ donors that turn up in the summer wearing their funny coloured babygrows :rant::mad:

Alfa tourists are ok though - especially welcome in and around Moreton and Stow :thumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
congrats, they're great ain't they ? I had same message and I took no chances and got the oil and filter changed even though I was told it had been serviced, it was too much of a trip to go back and get them to reset the indicator and I wanted piece of mind.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
had mine a year and a half, never looked back. They are beautiful machines. Nice colour choice too :thumbs: congratulations :) any chance of pics ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Needs a clean before I take the pics. Parked next to a tree on Sunday and now it's covered in bird5h1t. Scant reward for keeping the bird feeding station in the garden topped up during the big freeze!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
no worries mate

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to back to the "fold'

i'm very happy with mine had some problems but keeps me smiling!:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts