Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of wanting but never getting an Alfa, on Sat 27th I collected my Alfa 159 from Guest in Solihull. I had to wait until today (Sun) to get my first decent drive as I was staying overnight in solihull at a 'do'.

Today drove 174 miles home to Sussex, mixed motorway dual carriageway (A34) and 40 miles of single track A272 to home, I didnt want to get out of the car!

Some details, its a 159 SW 1.9 JTDM in Alfa red (proper colour) with tan leather. Its a 2008 08 plate car with 15k history.

There was 4 adults in the car, plus luggage and I set cruise at just under 80 on the M40 and the best bits of the A34, on the A272 I enjoyed the drive taking off the cruise, the average gradually climbed and has settled at an average of 43mpg, more on fuel consumption in a week or so when I can do a brim to brim comparison to my previous SAAB 93 1.9Tid.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Well done mate :thumbs:

Have you sacked the Saab? In that case :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done mate :thumbs:

Have you sacked the Saab? In that case :thumbs::thumbs:
Yes the SAAB went in part ex. I will sort of miss it, we did 70K together. It is a good car and did take a lot of stick from me, to give you an idea, some complain on here of front tyres wearing out in 12K, that's normal isn't it???

I suspect after a trip to Red Dot and once I get used to the feel of the car I may well drive the Alfa just as enthusiastically, just now though I'm happy to sit there playing with all the toys. SWMBO put 20 CD's on a MP3 stick for me last night, so no more CD's floating around in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts