1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Got Balls Racing is launching tomorrow (Saturday 11 FEB) at Zwartkops
http://www.gotballsracing.co.za/

I have heard there will be a KTM X-bow, Ferrari F-something, Neo 1 (similar setup to Ariel Atom - both got their ideas from a university project car - so no copyright infringements) and various others including a 156 SW ;) .

You can register on their site to get entry to the event to race on the track - spectators are heartily welcome.

See you there...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Best of luck to them you will be a lot faster.
Still not ready to bring your car in?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I registered :) Lets see what comes of this! I don't think I'll make this Saturday though... I'm working! :cry:

K

·
0 Posts
Was at track today sitting in canteen staying out the pouring rain when I noticed this red wagon flying passed the rest of the field. Can only only be one man . Faaaaaaaark can you believe Gertie was doing a 1. 25 on semis while all the rest of the cars were tip toe ing around the track with even the x bow coming off .
When the track became slighly drier the 1.20 barrier was broken . This puts a new meaning to the word Got balls racing !
Gertie you need to put a B and C pillar roll cage in now and a race seat .
Ps who says those D2 shocks don't work - theirs the proof .

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Gertie was doing a 1. 25 on semis while all the rest of the cars were tip toe ing around the track with even the x bow coming off .
When the track became slighly drier the 1.20 barrier was broken. This puts a new meaning to the word Got balls racing !
Gertie you need to put a B and C pillar roll cage in now and a race seat .
Ps who says those D2 shocks don't work - there is the proof.
:eek: Thanks Kevin! Serious fun was had - the field was small so not lots of traffic on the track.

The Ferrari was not there - But the X-Bow was the star of the day managing a 1:11.2 - Deon said he'd like to see his car dip below 1:10. The Lotus Exige with full slicks and serious weight reduction on an already light car - 740kg as it was there... 1:11.9. The Neo1 did 1:17.6, but in other hands it has done below 1:12 as well.

So now more to what matters - holding the Alfa name high - They pre-seeded us for the 1st session - which makes perfect sense... I guess - but they did not see a 1:19.2 coming from a Sportswagon :p So I was seeded in class A for the remainder of the day :thumbs:

Then the rain started coming down... :eek: Only 4 guys braved it out there I was rather consistently doing 1:25's with 1:25.3 being the fasted but they took the electronic timer board off (seeing as electronics and water don't mix) and I thought the session was called off :confused: Any way the Subaru Legacy was the next closest with 1:36's and 2 Nissan 350Z's being all over the show - the one dancing in front of me as I approached after the S and the other just missing the main straight wall after a spin - they did 1:40's - 1:50's.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I guess - but they did not see a 1:19.2 coming from a Sportswagon :p So I was seeded in class A for the remainder of the day :thumbs:
:wow: A 1:19.2 Unbelievable. Absolutely supreme Gertie:thumbs:

I trully am impressed, thats what you call Flying the Alfa name high:thumbs:

·
Registered
365 Posts
WOW, that is very well done.

Have to agree with Kevin; get the cage and the seat not only for safety but will give you that extra rigidity in the chassis

But very well done!!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Brilliant.
Who said RWD is better than FWD :cheese:
Not even 4x4's could keep up with the little red SW in the wet:cool:

I think the cage will have to wait until he can get a GTA SW for the day to day work.:cool:
With the small tweaks we discussed Friday night and more practice you will be doing 1.17’s on Sunday and driving to work with it on Monday.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody

Gertie - car was running sweet on Saturday. I saw you coming up on me way back in the distance, next moment you were on my tail in 2! Car sounds great and it is really well composed on the track

K

·
0 Posts
I know I posted this earlier but a 1.25 in the wet is ten times harder to achieve than a 1.19 in the dry. You can bring the 1.19 down again but things are gonna start breaking like they do in race cars so that's why gertie not killing the car yet .
Speaking of FWD, I remember watching domingos at kyalami in the pouring rain in the 156 2.0 lapping 10 seconds faster than Clive who normally does a 1.11 in his junior at Zwartkops.
You just can't beat the FWD in the wet .

·
Registered
596 Posts
Puik Gertie !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always loved Alfas and contemplated buying one several times. I actually decided to buy a GTV from a guy once, and the day that I was supposed to pick it up it broke :lol: .Walked away from that one

But maybe one day

1 - 20 of 22 Posts