Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feel your pain. Got one the other day. Found it was a hole in the sidewall, so glad it didn't blow out on the motorway :eek:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and typically on a tyre with decent tread left on it :mad: :rant: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I had one the other week, too. :(

Luckily, the good ol' boys at Feltham Tyre Company managed to plug the hole, as my flat had plenty of tread, too. Even better, they only charged me a fiver for the privilege (mainly because I'm a regular customer). :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the bad luck -- flat tires seem to happen at the worst possible time and place.
cheers

although it happened only about a 100 yards from home (just went pop) but at least i was close to home and only going about 20mph

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
We all get them, just change it, damned attention seeking muppet ! :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Always have to buy a tyre a week-and-a-half before payday :)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Bad luck Karl, feel for you!

A word of warning:-

Never ever ever park by skips - always lots of screws and nails lying around waiting to attack nice rubber.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Thats a bit if sh...t especially after everything else with the engine recently - more expense :(

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I got a flat the other day in the works van.

The van is brand spanking new and had only done 300 miles at the time. :lol:

Luckily I didn't have to pay for a new Michelin.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
These are good if the whole hole is the correct size and in the correct location.
Cheers Pomeo. I'll have a word with all the discarded nails and screws on my route to and from work. :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took another tyre to the tyre place near work as it had a nail and a screw embedded in, but had plenty of tread.

£6 repair :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Cheers Pomeo. I'll have a word with all the discarded nails and screws on my route to and from work. :thumbs:
will you stop posting tae ma posts when i am trying to breakaway to do the upper oil cooler pipe at the filter...

now listen tae me...that wood be a waist of yer time.

its the cuffing joiners that drap the nails etc,...thats where the real problem lies.

So if any of yeeze are employers who employ joiners ..charge them £100 for each and everynail thay lose and cannot be accounted fur.....i bet the no. of punctures would reduce to nigh zero.

Sun's oot i'm off.

catch you later
Pomeo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts