Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£300 next year, £400 the year after that for all cars 2litres and over !! Can anyone seriously vote this bunch of baboons back into govt. I am devastated. It's not even as if there is actually definitive evidence linking global warming to emmissions, given that the current temperature trend began over 200 years ago and may even be a natural phenomena ! Is this the end of the V6s. Your comments please before free thought is made illegal...They're coming for you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
its only for band g cars its nothing to do with engine size its about co ratings.if you have a car that was before 2001 when they started taxing them on co ratings then you wont be affected even if you have a high polluting car

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hang on a minute there, G band cars are both 2.0 and 2.5, well for the 156!

When i taxed my car it was the highest band, so hes right!

It stinks, no it reeks of disgust... How can they justify that????

And i bet we're going to get seriously stung for only forking out 6months tax as well...Its a bleeding joke if you ask me!

Sorry but my car is a 2.0, not a fooking 6.0 supercar!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its only for band g cars its nothing to do with engine size its about co ratings.if you have a car that was before 2001 when they started taxing them on co ratings then you wont be affected even if you have a high polluting car
May still hit me, mines a 52 so I think I may still be up for a spanking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
£300 next year, £400 the year after that for all cars 2litres and over !! Can anyone seriously vote this bunch of baboons back into govt. I am devastated. It's not even as if there is actually definitive evidence linking global warming to emmissions, given that the current temperature trend began over 200 years ago and may even be a natural phenomena ! Is this the end of the V6s. Your comments please before free thought is made illegal...They're coming for you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :
Calm down dear.
And what's increasing road tax got to do with making free thought illegal? Just curious...

·
Registered
335 Posts
May still hit me, mines a 52 so I think I may still be up for a spanking.
Well my 2001 156 2.0 is the highest band, so im guessing it will affect me and you both then!

Time for a small engined car i can supercharge or turbocharge and avoid the heavy taxation policies i think!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The top band hike to £300 and then to £400 next year only applies to cars registered after March 23rd 2006.

A 52 reg GTV, for instance, won't be hit for that ;)

F

·
0 Posts
Yes, c'mon everybody, read the stuff before you start firing off in all directions. Band G only applies to Diesel and Petrol cars reg'd after 23 March 2006 with CO2 emissions over 225 g/km. So 156s are NOT affected, from a quick check of the specs it loooks like only 3.2 Breras and GTs will be impacted. I think the 2.2 GT was 221 g/km, I didn't check all the others.

Cheers,

Nigel

F

·
0 Posts
But let me add my commiserations to owners of new 3.2 Breras and GTs.....:cry:

Nigel

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jusdt checked, and phew im band F, as CJ Romeo and others have stated the highest band is for cars registered in 2006 onwards with a CO of 225grams or more.....Thank god! :D

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
The 2.0 JTS GT is also Band F. If you want to check, you can put your details in here and it will tell you what band and VED you are.

VED Bands

·
Registered
37,148 Posts
2 litres is not an excessivley large engine. It is merely an average sized engine. Just like the average Briton is worse off under this government so will the driver who drives an average sized car.

Its a case of Gordon Smiling at you at the same time kicking you in the Knackers.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
symonh2000 said:
2 litres is not an excessivley large engine. It is merely an average sized engine.
True, but the tax bands are not directly linked to engine size - just emissions. :)

We can complain as long and as loud as we like but like Ferryman says, we need to be complaining about the facts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
the real reason for this is that if you've got £50/£60k to spend on a car then you can obviously afford £300/£400 for tax.but the government will tell us it's all to do with global warming.and who actually knows that the world will end if we leave our tellys on stand by.gordon brown's a di*~head

1 - 20 of 180 Posts