Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four and a half year old iPhone 3GS is on its last legs and I’ve begun looking around for a replacement. Not keen on shelling out a huge amount of money for an iPhone 5S, friend of mine purchased a Google Nexus 5 (Nexus 5 - Google) and mentioned it’s a great phone for its cost (about half of an iPhone).

Does anyone have it and can share some thoughts please?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Good phone, bit tight on the battery side but probably the best value for money phone on the market and in this case value for money doesn't mean cheap and nasty, it's cheap and powerful.

I bought its bigger brother the G2 for the missus and the only thing I can knock it on is the lack of SD card support as she likes to hold her photos and videos local, rather than cloud.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Hmm, the relatively low battery not great.
Now I know the phones do not compare, I bought a refurbished nokia 6310i earlier this year, it has been stuffed in my damp fishing bag for over a month in the damp shed, turned it on, charge is still full and has only dropped 1 bar in a week..:lol:

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Now I know the phones do not compare, I bought a refurbished nokia 6310i earlier this year, it has been stuffed in my damp fishing bag for over a month in the damp shed, turned it on, charge is still full and has only dropped 1 bar in a week..:lol:
I tell you what, if Nokia can rediscover battery life like that they'll certainly make inroads in the market!

E

·
0 Posts
I have the last model, the nexus4 and more than happy. Battery is better than my old HTC sensation. It lasts me the day, and that involve heavy use on my two hour commute at each end of the day and working in an area with poor reception. With light use it can last a couple of days easy. It is a lot slicker just having android with none of the HTC nonsense installed.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Im with Eddie, Nexus 4 form launch. Still as fast as the day i bought it and has never missed a beat. Stock Android is the best in terms or performance and ease of use. Built quality is very good. Battery life is as good as smartphones get these days with large screens. Nexus 5 is a little update to the 4 so will no doubt be a great phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts