Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise this is very niche!

My google maps is definitely set to "Auto" on display and on the phone it goes into night settings fine when I am holding the phone.

However just recently when connected to Android Auto it stays in day mode all the time and even if I set it to night mode in settings, it still stays in day.

I put this down to a fairly big upgrade to the phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+) that happened about the same time this went wrong. It did used to go dark on its own at dusk.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I realise this is very niche!

My google maps is definitely set to "Auto" on display and on the phone it goes into night settings fine when I am holding the phone.

However just recently when connected to Android Auto it stays in day mode all the time and even if I set it to night mode in settings, it still stays in day.

I put this down to a fairly big upgrade to the phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+) that happened about the same time this went wrong. It did used to go dark on its own at dusk.

Anyone else?
Does it change if your headlights are switched on? I've gone through a tunnel with auto-headlights and it triggered dark-mode in Waze at the same time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I complained about that stupid Android Auto logo over a year ago. However I really want google maps to take up the whole screen (just like Apple Maps scale) and not use the wasted third on google play music or a podcast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.