Alfa Romeo Forum banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@cloverleaf535 , yes if you lower with Eibach you could in theory fit the 235/35 front and 275/30 rear. Only word of caution is those sizes are a bit stretched on the wheels and they will be more susceptible to kerbing. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:.

Reactions: cloverleaf535

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Have a look at this thread for suspension heights.

Reactions: cloverleaf535

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
What is the optimum tyre pressures you would recommend for the GYs???
The sidewalls are quite stiff. I initially ran 2.4 bar Front and 2.2 bar Rear but when the temperatures dropped it went down to 2.2 Front and 2.1 Rear and they feel more comfortable. Some people seem to be running higher pressures than book but it will feel uncomfortable IMO. You have to try it yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The sidewalls are quite stiff. I initially ran 2.4 bar Front and 2.2 bar Rear but when the temperatures dropped it went down to 2.2 Front and 2.1 Rear and they feel more comfortable. Some people seem to be running higher pressures than book but it will feel uncomfortable IMO. You have to try it yourself.
Thanks, I'm going to try 33 front and 34 back per the recommended and then see how it goes. Had the new tyres fitted last night... the first thing I noticed was zero skipping on full lock... not sure if that's because they were brand new or not but a big difference over the Corsas... it was a wet drive as well and car definitely felt more planted and I had a lot more confidence but was taking it easy as need to wear the new tyres in.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@Writetomab The front takes more pressure than the rear. 2.4 (35 psi) Front and 2.2 (32 psi) Rear is the book pressure. You have it the other way around. Lack of skippy is due to new tyres.

Reactions: Writetomab

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where are you lot getting your Goodyear SS from then? Online or local? I've had a look at Black Circles and they don't seem to list them in the correct sizes.. I called my usual local place and they reckon they'll struggle to get them, seemed pricey too.. Mine has currently got Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the rear (correct size) and PS4S on the front. Both ends are a bit shot to be honest (3mm) and I think its time they were swapped.. I get a fair bit of skipping too in this weather when parking..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Where are you lot getting your Goodyear SS from then? Online or local? I've had a look at Black Circles and they don't seem to list them in the correct sizes.. I called my usual local place and they reckon they'll struggle to get them, seemed pricey too.. Mine has currently got Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the rear (correct size) and PS4S on the front. Both ends are a bit shot to be honest (3mm) and I think its time they were swapped.. I get a fair bit of skipping too in this weather when parking..
Interesting, how did you find the combo of ps4s and supersports during the summer?

I think someone said they got their Goodyears through the asda tyres website.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting, how did you find the combo of ps4s and supersports during the summer?

I think someone said they got their Goodyears through the asda tyres website.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
I'm sure the Lewis Hamiltons of this world would say it was awful but I find it ok.. I must admit i've not had it for a huge amount of time and in this crappy weather recently i'm just tippy toeing around. On the rare sunny days since i've had it it seems nice! :) I knew they were mixed front to rear and a bit worn when I got it, the garage offered to go halves with me on a pair of rears but I didn't want to have them done and still be mis-matched, so I got some more money knocked off the car anyway and thought i'd wait and see what you more experienced Alfa boys do.

The Goodyear seem to be the way to go so i'll get them all done, the only thing that's maybe a bit negative about them is they seem to be a bit harsh ride wise..

Just had a look on Asda tyres and it seems to be the Black Circles website with a different name, they also don't seem to have the right ones. Hmmmm..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine from Protyre www.protyre.co.uk and had a great deal with 4 tyres fully fitted for £692. Had them fitted yesterday... so far soo good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Goodyear seem to be the way to go so i'll get them all done, the only thing that's maybe a bit negative about them is they seem to be a bit harsh ride wise..
I really couldn't notice from that perspective to be honest... I've read the MPS4Ss may be a little softer but from what I have seen and read, the difference is marginal and for the vast majority of people it will be hard to tell the difference. Of course, the plus side is they are meant to be a bit more playful and direct. Its been pouring here the last couple of days and the wet performance is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
From a facebook post in Ireland:

I had some good news this morning....my front tyres came in today and the rears should be in on Friday. I'll be getting the Michelin PS4Ss in the OE sizes..... Michelin just released a 285/30/19 last week which I'm delighted about.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I can't see it on Michelin.co.uk ??

341 - 360 of 372 Posts