Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a bit early, but is anyone planning on going to the Goodwood revival this year?

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who is getting us tickets (and hopefully contractors passes to access all areas :D) and it would be great if we could organise a mini-meet :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
So sister and her husband expressed an interest in this over the weekend, did not even know he was interested in cars(he drives a BMW Z4) .So a few questions
What is included in the price of admission?
Do people have a favourite grandstand ?
any detailed info would be apprecaited as I am novice but looks like a quality day out:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Basic admission just lets you into the track - general viewing gets very crowded from Woodcote, thru the start line right thru to Madgwick but lots of space trackside away from these areas.
Woodcote is regarded as the best gstand but Chicane is good (although the view is now partially obscured by a huge hostility suite). Startline stand is good for seeing the pits. Lavant Corner is good as you can see a lot of the track and there is a big TV. I would think you will only be able to get Lavant gstand tickets at this stage - the others sell-out very quickly.
If you like old cars, proper racing, lots of sideways action (!), it's the place to be.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You're right - it is pricey but it is a lot less than the GP and much, much, much better value (something like 15/16 races over the weekend).

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I will be there tomorrow :cool:.

Mrs.GC has already got the outfit lined up and ready :rolleyes:

Hopefully this year I will get to see more racing - last year Mrs.GC spent so much time wondering around the grounds and people-watching that we missed most of the actual races :tut: :p

Weather's looking good. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yes, I shall be going. The Giulia GT is just being resprayed today after some hefty bodywork so unless there's a last minute holdup I'll be in that. I shall be dressed as my interpretation of Kingsley Amis' Lucky Jim character and will break out the silk cravat for the occasion.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well, a great day today. Fantastic weather, some great cars and great racing.

The classes tend not to favour the Alfa's (e.g. in last race we were racing a 1959 1290cc Giulietta SS in a class with 3000 healeys and a fast 1967 TVR ) so no fantastic results. But where else are you going to see 1750 6C or 2300 8C cars racing nowadays. Fantastic 1750 6C parked in the pits (but not racing) with german registration and real patina - obviously driven all the way there.

Culminated in a great race with the lead changing on the last corner which made the German blokes behind me exclaim 'Schistenhausen' (or something similar).

Downsides were a 45 minute wait for the shuttle tractors / trailers and some poor chap in the queue in front of me fainting back onto me, much to my surprise.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
How good is the revival then,best meeting i've been to.:thumbs:
Proper racing in proper race cars and to cap it all,Spitfires,Messerschmidts amd Mustangs flying REALLY low over the circuit.Oh and the Vulcan flew over as well:thumbs::D:cool::cool: really did steal the show..........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts