Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some piccies I took at Goodwood Revival 2011 on Saturday.

Fantastic event -think I will go to all 3 days next year.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more......

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more.............

M

·
0 Posts
Great pictures:cool:

Looks like a fun day.....I may have to squeeze this one into next year's time table:)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I've only ever done the FoS. I'd have had to book leave and didn't want to take leave and spend 8-10 hours hours driving for the Spitfires to be rained off on Sunday so was watching the forecasts but by midweek it was sold out. I popped in on a friend last week who was offered a VIP ticket for Sunday, but had declined it. They didn't know about the Spitfires on Sunday and didn't fancy the drive as they commute 100 miles daily but perhaps when told of the Spitfires they changed their minds.

A relative was there yesterday, seems they had an easy time getting out of the car park in an A4 Quattro only for some chap in an A4 not to let them out. They said 'A nice chap in an Alfa behind the **** in the A4 let us out.' The relative knows a member of Gooodwood so usually goes (yesterday they hid from the rain in the Members areas) and thought this Sunday was the busiest they'd seen the Revivial saying as big as the FoS in terms of attendees. I wondered if it was the Spitfires that caused the large turnout yesterday.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest the spitfires flying were only 20mins or so, and as a static display not on my radar.

A mate was spannering for a corvair in the st marys trophy, and father in laws best mate was racing against the gt40s in the whitsun............ So got some tasty access.

Next year I think il do all 3 days.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Cheers for sharing :thumbs:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I'm now going to hijack this thread for my own ends - sorry karlssondesign! Like Monza96, I've only done the FoS up to now but Mrs RRZ bought Revival tickets for the Saturday and Sunday as an early birthday treat for yours truly, :thumbs:. I'm posting these pics somewhat belatedly as it's taken me until now to thin down the over 2000 ( :eek: ) shots I took to a more manageable quantity, :rolleyes:. Be warned though, there are still loads of them. :D

·
3,507 Posts

The Bunny Girls present Sir Stirling with a cake for his 83rd birthday

Some off-track action of the baling variety

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

.....and back to the action

I can remember when cop cars looked like these...... will somebody pass me my zimmer frame please!

·
3,507 Posts
Some of the exhibits in the "World's Most Beautiful 100 Cars" motor show

....then some in air activity

9 Merlins and 1 Griffon in close formation - aviation heaven!

....then all too soon it was all over

·
3,507 Posts
So there was nothing else to do but go back to watching cars whizzing round.....

..... take one very expensive piece of Italian exotca and enter it in a drifting contest

..... part of the Fangio 100th birthday tribute parade

·
3,507 Posts
Last lot..........phew!

Some of the people around

Don't know what dodgy deal these guys were plotting

......and absolutely finally, the missus and me. Can you tell that I hate having a camera pointed in my direction? :rolleyes: :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Some decent looking women there and cars :D Spectacular we have nothing like this in Ireland.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts