Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Regional Support South, Is there a meet near you?
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post an event thread to see who's going on the Friday.. maybe we can meet at the Alfa Stand and do a bit of synchronised drooling :lol:

If you haven't been and are considering it.. Fridays a good day to go and it's £33 instead of £48 on the Saturday and Sunday

Anybody else fancy it

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I'll be there, :thumbs:, as Jennifer's bought me a ticket for the whole weekend as an early birthday present, :).

Look forward to meeting you - will be good to put a face to a name before Mallorca, :D.

(Sorry, couldn't see the RSVP reply thingy, :confused:)

·
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one RR, be good to have a meet up and a chat.. I'll PM you my number so you can call me on the day, the Mito GTA's going to be there so Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. :thumbs:

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
So that's 2 'extras' for me to look forward to then, Jonathan - meeting you :D and the Mito GTA, :lol:.

Don't know which car I'll be coming in now as the 159 has decided to throw a few spanners in the works - first the internal bonnet release sheared off :( (which it's going into the dealer tomorrow to have fixed) and then tonight on the way home there was a loud metallic bang followed by a repetitive clunking noise so methinks that'll be a driveshaft away then :cry::rant:. It still drives but it's turning heads for all the wrong reasons :eek: Just got to wait for event number 3 now :rolleyes:.

J

·
0 Posts
i will be a maybe on this one....would love to go but got to see what the pennies look like

·
Registered
685 Posts
Was then going to start a thread to see who is going ... and then I saw this! Will be going in the GTA with a mate and his girlfriend for the full 3 days. :cool:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Who's been to this before ????
This is my first time, a few chaps at work are serial offenders and go year after year and one is a marshal there.

I saw on the website yesterday they have confirmed the supercar lineup and new models being unveiled :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I really do have to go then :lol:
From the Goodwood FoS website:

"Supercars set to make their UK debuts will include the targa-top Bugatti Veyron Gran Sport, the awesome Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren SLR Stirling Moss, Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M, Pagani Zonda R and the wild Tramontana from Spain. Other Goodwood debutants include the Porsche Panamera S, Audi R8 V10, Morgan Aero SuperSports, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Lotus Evora, Lexus LF-A and Nissan’s new GT-R Spec V and 370Z."

:wow::cool: I am going to try and steal that Zonda R!!

·
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the Goodwood FoS website:

"Supercars set to make their UK debuts will include the targa-top Bugatti Veyron Gran Sport, the awesome Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren SLR Stirling Moss, Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M, Pagani Zonda R and the wild Tramontana from Spain. Other Goodwood debutants include the Porsche Panamera S, Audi R8 V10, Morgan Aero SuperSports, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Lotus Evora, Lexus LF-A and Nissan’s new GT-R Spec V and 370Z."

:wow::cool: I am going to try and steal that Zonda R!!
Not forgetting the Mito GTA ;)

KT are you going on the friday?

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I havent got a ticket yet but I think I will come down for the Friday :) There are plenty of tickets on Ebay so I might grab one off there :lol:

Have you been before Jon ?

·
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I havent got a ticket yet but I think I will come down for the Friday :) There are plenty of tickets on Ebay so I might grab one off there :lol:

Have you been before Jon ?
Yep.. been a few times, prefer the Friday as it's not as packed with people so you can have a good look around the cars, plus it's cheaper to get in :thumbs:

It's a great day out.. the noise is amazing when you get the supercars and the F1 cars coming up the hill.

Just bring loads of memory sticks for your camera..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Not forgetting the Mito GTA ;)
Ocourse! :cool:

I know it doesn't fit with the ideal of the Alfa forum, but really looking forward to the collection of Silver Arrows racers. Amazing engineering, been to the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart and they were :wow:

:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts