Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time had come to sell my 156 v6 2.5 sp3 and yesterday I watched it being driven onto a recovery lorry and away to its new owner.

The first time I saw R421HJ0 was in 1999 when the accounts manager brought it to work one day.He had bought it from new with all the options including the tea tray spoiler for just shy of 24k.(original bill of sale).I must admit when I first saw it I loved the look and having fallen out of love with Alfa's in the 80's because of rust issues I was somewhat sceptical of how long it would last before holes started to appear.

Anyway as time went on I would see the little black bella from time to time and it always made me smile.
At the time I was a freelance events manager and as time went by we wouldn't see each other for 6 months or more (the car that is).

In February 2005 I happened to see Andrew and he asked if I was interested in buying it as he had been offered peanuts for it in a trade-in. So we struck a deal and bought it for £1500

He had serviced it on the nail and it came with everything from new!
Anyway I have loved every moment of owning it my late Father loved driving it and I brought my youngest son home from hospital in it after he was born.

It has been a loyal friend mind you it has had its moments! One in particular was when the radiator exploded 1 mile from home, luckily I managed to roll her home with family in her and park her up with steam pouring out.
Luckily I had saved the engine and a new radiator and thermostat was replaced by Neil at Njs.
He has looked after her and always commented on how good she was for her age.

My eldest Son Tom drove her last year on the Cotswold Aroc day behind me driving the Gta and he used it while he looked for a new car.He could have had it but the insurance was stupid.

I hope the new owner has as much fun with it as I have had.
I will be posting some photos' of her through my ownership.

Goodbye old friend and happy retirement.:(

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Passing is such sweet sorrow!

It was a pleasure to have met her Steve, I hope her new owner looks after her as well as her previous two owners.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passing is such sweet sorrow!

It was a pleasure to have met her Steve, I hope her new owner looks after her as well as her previous two owners.
Thankyou,but she has gone to a older chap who has a few Ferrari's and feel she will have a good retirement.:)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Great tale :thumbs:

Please post pics asap

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
that's a sweet story, Finny!

It's funny just how much of our lives - and its more memorable moments - can be and often are encapsulated in a car. Often it's a realisation that only dawns on you when the car leaves :(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Every time I part with a Bella I get a bit :(

I always put an X like a kiss on the fuel filler cap when we part, daft I know but that's what I do :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts