Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I drop off my 3.2 Spider (pre-Brera shape) and pick up my 159 Sportwagon. Mixed feelings. Have a beautiful baby (and wife!) and after 5 years it all makes sense. Maybe in a few years a 4C might be on the cards. The Spider was my wedding car in Italy and I drove it back so great memories. Someone say something reasuring!

C

·
0 Posts
circumstances change but at least youve got another alfa,and a 159 sportwagon is a cracker..... well done:cool:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
You always have your memories :)

And as you say, in a few years you may be able to get back into something sportier :thumbs:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did the same last September (although mine was a brera-shape Spider). Look at it this way, there are few cooler Dad-cars out there than a 159SW.

Not quite so applicable to you, but I like to think of my SW as the same as my Spider, only with 3 more doors, 3 more seats, 1 more boot and 1 more roof.

One of my American colleagues was over in the UK for some meetings, and I gave him a lift... "Oh my GAWD, that's like the coolest station wagon I've EVER seen" he said, and the proceeded to take a load of photos :lol:

Sadly - time eases the pain, but never takes it away completely. On a sunny day I stare wistfully into the sky, and shake my fist at ANYONE driving a convertible with the roof UP!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Our 3.2 SW with sunroof is not such are tough thing to live with. :p

What model SW did you get? Definitely has its strong points; you won't know what chassis flex is. ;)

:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why not get a cheap Twin Spark GTV with a sun roof as a fun car? The back seat of my V6 will take children comfortably as my niece has recently demonstrated on a 7 hour trip to Devon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I'm really happy with the Sportswagon. I got a 2.0 turbo diesel. Got them to fit leather seats in it. Still try and pull away in 2nd occasionally but getting used to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts