Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My missus is completely hooked on the 500x as it is so much higher than the Giulia and she finds it very easy to get in and out of compared to the Giulia. Maybe we should have got a Stelvio in the first place?

·
Registered
35,515 Posts
And the B-pillar on the Giulia was moved forward for the rear door to be longer as Marchionne wanted it.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Funny how perceptions differ. I freaking hate that high up position, feels so exposed, unstable, unsafe... I can feel them fighting physics every time they go around a corner without completely tipping over. Low (normal...) cars may only feel vulnerable because of the bloody arms race to drive the biggest tonka truck around the suburbs...

Dumb design, compromised engineering. The Stelvio is terrible thing to do to a nicely balanced and dynamically decent Guilia :(
Have a day in a little Fiat 500 and you will feel like your not even on a bicycle. Every other driver perceives them as a slow going car driven by a girl. Everyone pulls out in front of you expecting you to give way. That's why I have convinced the other half to get into something bigger. If she does get it wrong she will have a better chance in the case of an accident. I will never forget being on a course with the Lincolnshire fire brigade and they were horrified at the destruction of a Citroen AX in Horncastle if I remember correctly? A little car with lots of plastic panels cost 3 peoples lives on that day. I don't like to fact that the larger cars contribute to blind spots in car parks but I can't put anyone off buying one to feel safer!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
From what I read most people have more chance of getting round the ring in a Stelvio QV than they do of getting round in a Giulia QV, so 20 seconds with no damage to the car or worse sounds pretty good? People report that the 4WD system in Stelvio helps to use more of the power more of the time unless you are a budding F1 driver? I'd love a Giulia QV but I am seeing 4WD Lamborghinis albeit older but for similar money. Look at Gallardo prices with 4WD and similar BHP!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just an update Motorvogue are advertising WP60RVE as too good to trade and it looks like they have given it one hell of a polish! Someone on here must buy my bella! It had a new alternator and the 84,000 mile service before I sold it this year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Black with a Cloverleaf badge? Saw it when I Googled the reg number and it does look very nice. Well done for keeping it so well.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts