Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15 months of ownership i have finally managed to agree an early termination on my contract hire agreement. I cant wait to return what has been the most uncomfortable car i have ever driven. So Alfa forum it's goodbye from me

·
Registered
22 Posts
What was your problem ? Most people here are very satisfied with Mito. :cool: You want comfortable car like Citroen or some boring wagon ... then u must be very old slow driver ... hahahaha:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
try and find a hot hatch//super mini that is comftable? especialy when its more built for performance. i think you will find the crap roads on the uk are to fault. even in my dads volvo the roads are harsh

·
Registered
417 Posts
Seriously, I don't see how the Mito can be judged any more or less comfortable than any other small hatch. UK roads are just plain **** anyway. The new Koni shocks make a huge difference and even with 18 inch wheels it's pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please ! .... Hot Hatch ? .... Supermini ? .... You wish. Did you lot see the 1.6 DS wipe the floor with the cloverleaf on Fifth Gear .... Grow Up

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
scoobeedoo, we all have different tastes and preferences, obviously alfas are not for you, enjoy whatever you drive next and be safe but please dont diss us alfa lovers, its not big and its not clever:)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
haha you mug

firstly the ds3 racing is over 25k, compared to the 18k for the mito. an extra 7k is a massive difference and if you ask me they shouldnt really be compared. saying that, after 1400 worth of upgrades I now have my mito with better performance then the ds. The ds3 however has allready been factory remapped so you wont be able to get much more out of it. also the ds is a 1.6 compared to a 1.4, so not really that impressive.

for 26k u could get a gulietta qv, with is 100 times more of a car then the ds. so therefore only a mug would buy one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Personally, i bought MiTo for its style and uniqueness, f... it's performence, reliability and other s... :) I dont need any of those, as long as my Alfa looks so good. I have a daily Lexus RX450h, which sux at style tough rides great, also have two vintage 911, but both of them lack the attention which I get in my MiTo ;) Sorry so hear you didnt like yours, but there are tons of people who love their super mini ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
In fairness, the OP is only responding to being abused for saying he didn't like his MiTo........

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
firstly the ds3 racing is over 25k, compared to the 18k for the mito. an extra 7k is a massive difference and if you ask me they shouldnt really be compared.
Fifth Gear didn't compare the MiTo Cloverleaf with a DS3 Racing - the DS3 they compared it with was a DSport with the 150BHP THP engine.

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
I cant wait to return what has been the most uncomfortable car i have ever driven.

It might be a bit more comfy if you took the rod from up your ar%e? :thumbs:

Seriously, I am sorry to hear that you didn't like the seating, the old GTV used to feel like it had been designed for someone with a 2' spine and 6' arms, but hey ho, that's what you get.

Ditching your Alfa does not mean you have to leave the forum, but that is your choice. See you in 6 years when you get a 4C :cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha you mug

firstly the ds3 racing is over 25k, compared to the 18k for the mito. an extra 7k is a massive difference and if you ask me they shouldnt really be compared. saying that, after 1400 worth of upgrades I now have my mito with better performance then the ds. The ds3 however has allready been factory remapped so you wont be able to get much more out of it. also the ds is a 1.6 compared to a 1.4, so not really that impressive.

for 26k u could get a gulietta qv, with is 100 times more of a car then the ds. so therefore only a mug would buy one.
Ds3sport is not £26k and in fairness is only 150 bhp, so I think the cloverleaf was well and truly spanked, but hey you're not allowed to have an opinion here, or are you ?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Calm down calm down people

OP is entitled to his opinion - even if he's wrong ;)

Comfort completely down to the individual - we are all different sizes and shapes

anyway enough hippie peace and love crap, back to the deabte

I think the cloverleaf was well and truly spanked
i wouldn't say 0.2 secs is "truly spanked" - and although needles is a good driver, surely that tiny difference could be driver preference. you or i might drive both cars and be faster in the mito or vice versa.

Im not too fussed though - personally think DS3 is too attention seeking, with very little style.

in this rather good little review he hands it to citroen on the interior - personally it's no contest in my view - hate the faux plastic chrome in the citroen and shiny shiny everywhere.

as i say each to personal taste

what you think you are going to go for scoobee?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Not impressed.

Comments like this are not appropriate, just because someone didn't like his car doesn't mean it's an opportunity to start insulting someone... Disappointing.... :tut::tut::tut:

then u must be very old slow driver ... hahahaha:lol::lol:
Thanks and goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
haha you mug
.... therefore only a mug would buy one.
It might be a bit more comfy if you took the rod from up your ar%e? :thumbs:

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Comments like this are not appropriate, just because someone didn't like his car doesn't mean it's an opportunity to start insulting someone... Disappointing.... :tut::tut::tut:
I was equally un-impressed with the OP TBH. If you want to say "the squab is in the wrong place, the seats don't extend back far enough, I can't adjust the steering wheel" then fair enough, people can understand the issue. I do not, even now, know what the problem is - suspension, seating position, roof height, what :confused:

It might also be helpful to explain how you came to buy "the most uncomfortable car i have ever driven", I always tend to drive 'em before I splash out and spot things like the fact that I cannot get comfortable in it.

If however you want to come and make an unqualified comment like that, on a forum for that marque, don't be shocked if some people are less than receptive.

I do find that kind of 'tut tut' comment a little irksome, especially as my initial comment is tongue-in-cheek and you have chosen to remove the rest of my comments.

Sorry, just not in the mood to be talked down to today :(

B

·
0 Posts
Didn't the op have a load of issues with suspension faults? I remember an issue with the rear hopping out in corners or something similar.

May be the problem was never fully sorted?

Also he got bad service from his dealer a few times I believe.

Enjoy your new car scoob

·
Registered
49 Posts
You come to an Alfa Mito forum and post something along the lines of: "**** car bye bye!!11", and similar patronizing comments. You are practically asking to be ridiculed, so don't expect anything else.
The OP didn't post anything remotely useful, but basically insulted the reason why we are here. Don't get me wrong, there are things wrong with the Mito, they were and should be discussed, but this isn't what this thread is about. So please, just let this thread die.
To the OP: You made your goodbye, no point to stick around and you probably won't be missed. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
As a newbie on here Goodbye threads are important for realistic feedback on a car. I only have my 155TB for 4 days and slowly but surely I am becoming more impressed with it. I have been fortunate to have already been 'broken in' by getting the occassional drive in the OH's Mito MJ 1.6 which she has had since June 2009. Noticed that the OP had the standard 1.4 16V engine which I had in the 500 for the last 2 years and it was a nice engine in a car weighing 935kgs - not too sure how it copes in the size of a Mito. With the 16s on the current Lusso it rides well and the suspension isn't trashy which wasn't the case on an earlier 500 Sport and seems to happen more on the OH's who has 17s. I reckon that the Koni FSD go a long way to 'balancing' this flaw and in what is a very nice car.
At first when the OP mentioned Fifth gear and the DS3 wiping the floor I was thinking of the Top gear Monte Carlo threesome with the DS3 Racing, Clio 200 and the A500c where the DS3 had the legs with the bigger turbocharged 1.6 engine. In reality with a 1368cc (A500) it is not really going to be able to compete with a 1.6 but in a Mito it can play an excellent emissions car particularly with the MA. The Cloverleaf is exceptional in that the MA engine thrives on being turbocharged along with being 20% more efficient than the earlier T-jet.
I wish the OP the best of luck with this DS3. The look of the car does intrigue me a bit but it is a premium model just like the Mito is in comparison to a Punto Evo. Some reckon that you'd be better off in a Mini Cooper S in preference to a DS3 but then the same could be said of the Mito in comparison to the Grand Punto / Punto Evo (OH wouldn't agree with me on that. :) ). Hopefully this is taken at 'face value'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have recently changed from an Abarth GP SS to a Mito Cloverleaf and this will be my first post (so go easy on my for spending £4000 on the ss upgrade :eek:, I was young and foolish hehehe)

After reading all of the comments I thought my reasons for buying the Mito would be of some use...

The main reason I changed my car was because I was getting annoyed at what seemed to be everyone thinking that I was some boy racer. Now don’t get me wrong I fully know why they thought that but that wasn’t what I was going for when I got the car. I wanted a nice looking fast car to reward myself for all the years at college, uni, temp jobs and then finally starting my career!

With the Mito I get a different reaction, one which I believe reflects who I am as a person... The reason I mention all of this is because I think that a DS3 driver will get all of the same ‘stick’ as I used to.

In regards to comfort I’ve found the Mito to be lovely and comfortable, I love how the Mito takes speed bumps without any real effort and then corners like a demon ha! I could never find the perfect spot to sit in the Abarth, as my shoulders were too big for the top of the seat and I would get a bad back on long journeys but with the Mito I feel all snug :-D I’m not sure what the DS3 is like but it is something I think Scoobee will need to check, because it’s not something he would have had to deal with in the Mito.

I’m not going to lie to you, the Abarth has a special place in my heart still and when it came to getting another car it had to be something that was just as unique, different and exciting... Now I know the DS3 looks very unique but it just didn’t compare to the Alfa Romeo, in my humble opinion it had to be an Alfa as all other cars would just be kinda soulless and not something that actually affected my mood when I was driving it!

And finally looks, I just thought the Abarth Evo looked nasty (again each to their own) and I couldn’t bring myself to buy one (not to mention the continued wrong attention I would be getting). There are times at night when I am putting the car in the garage and I look at the chrome grill and the lights shining off the front number plate and think, wow that’s a stunning car! Then there are times I find myself sitting at work looking at steering wheels (namely the Giulietta) and think oh I want that one or looking through figures thinking “umm if my Mito was 207BHP I bet it could do 0-60 quicker than 6.3...” but that’s the cool thing, the Mito has room for me to add my touches to it so that it becomes my Mito. It will become something that is a part of me and who I am... now you can do the same with any car but would a DS3 really have the same affect on a person in order to make them want to put in that much time and effort?

I would just like to add that I don’t think Scoobee is a ‘bad person’ for wanting a ‘better’ car than the Mito he has now, I just hope whatever car he goes with that it gives him all the enjoyment that I get from my Mito and I also hope that deep down the Mito has left its mark on him like the Abarth has on me, for that is what makes a car something more than the thing that gets us from A to B!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts