Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
Tried telling my friends how excited I am today but they just...don't...get... it! Visited Chris Variava in Nottingham today, was there a couple of hours, and walked out the proud owner of (according to Variava) one of only three white Breras currently in the uk! Get my dream car in two weeks. Sad to see my fabulous Blackline go, but the Brera...WOW!!! Just needed to tell someone! Cheers and rest assured I'll post pics soon as she arrives!

·
Registered
712 Posts
White?? Not heard of one before. What model have you gone for and specification?
Was the car a stock item as I've had to wait months for mine?
Good luck with your purchase, and post some piccies up asap!
I'm sure you'll enjoy it.:)
Andy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbs: Gone for 2.2 JTS - don't do enough miles to warrant the JTD. There's white 2.2 in the showroom but with the panoramic rather than just glass roof and to be honest the roof ridge where the panaromic sits hits me on the head - i'm 6'2". There are two other whites in stock (holding in the UK) one being a 2.4 JTD, the other my 2.2 JTS. If there hadn't have been a white in stock I was quoted 12-16 weeks wait from Alfa. Pics will be online soon as I pick her up in two weeks! Cheers!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Moved to the Brera lounge:)

Good choice & pictures please (compulsory;))

Don't be too disappointed with the 2.2 unit. It's sluggish & thirsty to start with but really comes alive beyond about 8k:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Nice one :)

I've seen the white one as I past the showroom at Variava. I actually fell in love

Just sold my GT today. I'm quite sad about it but excited about looking for a new car. Will be a Brera owner in a year or two no doubt

M

·
0 Posts
wow :eek:

a white brera! i cant wait to see some photos of it. hope the two weeks don't drag to long for you.:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
What colour is the leather by the way? Have always liked tan or red leather with a white Alfa. Black looks nice too

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Congrats Neal :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hi Neal, what area of Leicestershire are you in? I am near Hinckley.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for you, if a bloke in a Misano Blue 3.2V6 Brera stops you for a chat and a look at your white Brera its probably going to be me.

:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I originally wanted a Brera but although i'm only 5'11" i must have a long body and short legs as the roof ridge stopped me getting comfortable in any if them :(
No matter which one i tried and how i put the seat i just could not get comfy. So I bought the GT :thumbs:

There is a white Brera in my local dealers too. ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Without wishing to appear rude, did you get a good P/Ex price for your Blackline? I would guess its only a year or so old & a few mates (non-Alfa owning) of mine have been getting really low offers when trying to sell or P/Ex their cars.
I may actually go the other way in a year or so, moving from my Brera to a GT, because the lease deal will be up, & I'll need more leg-room in the back than my Brera's got.
Anyway, enjoy the Brera.
ATB, Matt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, thanks everyone - lots of response. I'll definitely be posting pictures soon as the two weeks is up! Secretly hoping it's earlier than that - was quoted a month for my Blackline and it arrived in five days! Sad to see the GT go, it is only a year old and still beautiful, but I've always wanted a Brera and finally the itch was too great! In response to the value question, I was offered £12K for mine - good condition (apart from those kurb scraped rims) and 8K on the clock. I certainly won't miss the awful rear visibility on the GT and though the Brera doesn't seem that much better, those large wing mirrors more than make up. Cheers again folks, and pics soon as!:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couple more responses - GTLeigh - I'm NW Leics - near Loughborough, but if you see me flag me down! And the leather is tan, Graham, but seems a lot darker than that yellowy tan colour I saw a lot of 156s with a few years back.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Ive always found that you need to see the Brera in Blue before you judge it, i dont think pics do it any justice at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts