Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Padstow, Cornwall last week and had a good drive up the M5 on the way back to Birmingham. On the way up there was a Mitsi EVO 8 trying to get inside my boot. So I was cruising along at 75 in 6th and decided to drop it down into 4th and take off. As much as he tried he couldnt keep up ;) Alfa 1 - Evo 0

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Who says any of these impromptu 'challenges' are trying? :confused: :banghead:

Take it to a drag strip / race track :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
"De plane!" :lol:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
He wasn't trying
Yup - there's not much short of a 911 that would make a well sorted Evo shrink into the distance. The Evo's are quick quick quick.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
A Mito would beat the Evo hands down ! :thumbs:

:lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
A Mito would beat the Evo hands down ! :thumbs:

:lol:

Good job the front is encased in ceramic tiles like the shuttles are / were :lol:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Even the slowest EVO is quicker than a gta, which inturn is quicker than a gtv.

You just look silly coming on here boasting about being quicker than an EVO. Bet he didn't even realise you were racing.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Even the slowest EVO is quicker than a gta, which inturn is quicker than a gtv.

You just look silly coming on here boasting about being quicker than an EVO. Bet he didn't even realise you were racing.
....OR maybe he was just a crap driver (in fairness to the OP). Once you get that fast, the squishy bit behind the wheel always has the greatest effect :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
....OR maybe he was just a crap driver (in fairness to the OP). Once you get that fast, the squishy bit behind the wheel always has the greatest effect :)
To be fair putting your foot down while going in a straight line doesn't take much brains. Reminds me of when people on the seat forums used to claim their MK1 LCR's (like mine) were regularly dusting AC M3's etc.

Laughable really. Enjoy the car and get excited but don't get delusional. :cheese:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Evo's being famously laggy, if the driver stayed in six gear and off boost, then conceivably a GTV would pull away...

If they dropped a couple of gears and got the turbo singing, then no chance :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts