Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sad day today as I said goodbye to my Sept 2009 159 2.4 TI which I have had from new.

120458 miles and the most reliable car I have ever owned.

Remapped by Gus at Alfatune from virtually new.

Took it for MOT yesterday and they had to attach the rev counter on the emissions machine to prove it was actually running as it was so clean.

Still on the original clutch.

I'll miss it.:crying:

20160507_142311.jpg

Arrivederci

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad times, why did you sell up?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I use it mainly for business and needed to get something new.

I had hung on for the new Giulia but couldn't hang on any longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it go for?

On the look out for a 159 2.4 so trying to get an idea of what actually sells at what price really :)

Seems a shame to let it go, private reg it and say its a 2015 model?! :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BMW 520 M Sport until the Giulia comes out

·
Registered
656 Posts
I ended up going BMW as well as there was no Alfa alternative. I got burned at the stake by some on here!!
Reality is unless the guilia is an absolute belter which I hope it is it's unlikely I'll go back ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Also moved over to BMW as the Guilia release was too far off. I've got a 330 M Sport with plenty of toys and the Guilia will have to be awesome piece of kit to tempt me back. The BMW may lack a bit of charisma but it's still good looking and is superb to drive. I miss my 159 in some ways though.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I use it mainly for business and needed to get something new.

I had hung on for the new Giulia but couldn't hang on any longer.
Feeling your pain. I'll be in a similar situation soon. Been doing less business miles 'cos I don't want to put them on the car (57 plate 115k) but I really do need to get out on the road a bit more....... I'll have to refuse using it for work soon. Just back from a 3 day 700 mile trip and it did't miss a beat - And I didn't see one other 159 (or Brera) on my travels either!

Good luck with the newbie.

·
Registered
787 Posts
£3800 :yikes:

If this had been available when I was hunting, would of snapped it up in a heartbeat. Competitive price for what your getting. Lovely looking motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts