Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many men into their 60's, I have been seduced by someone younger, smaller yet still Italian!

I've sold my beloved TI 67000 mile 58 reg Sportwagon to Luigi at Auto Capozzoli near Yeovil and am going to look at a Fiat 500X Cross tomorrow.

I've driven a couple of 500X demonstrators locally and it is more suited to my current driving around the manure strewn narrow lanes and potholes of Somerset.

I really loved my Sportwagon and feel quite sad to see it go. Apart from stone chips ( Alfa UK eventually stumped up for a re-spray) and a broken rear spring, I have had none of the issues others have reported with DPF,EGR, or gearbox/ clutch in my 6 plus years of ownership. A couple of £50 Accelleras a year sorted the tyres.

We still have our 147, 13 years old and just passed its MOT with an even rustier back box and leaking flexible pipe and hopefully I will be back if the Alfa SUV ever materialises. I've found this lounge invaluable, helpful and full of good people.

Incidentally the 500X I may get has the Multiair 140 petrol engine, wonder if this could be remapped to 170BHP like in the Guilietta?

The first PM to me will get the small tube of Alfa Red 289A Chipex paint I have left over, though not the Blending Fluid which I need for the 147. This can be got directly from Chipex.

:byebye:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good for you, hope you enjoy it, I have though about parting with my Brera and going for an Abarth of some description, I love Fiats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts