Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to say goodbye to my beautiful 159 2.2 JTS who has served me so well for the last three years and 75,000 miles :cry:
-
-
-
-
-
and to say hello to my beautiful 159 3.2 V6 Ti Q2 :cool: :cool: :thumbs:

I've got to wait about two weeks and it's going to kill me.

So can you pre-warn me of the problems I'm likely to face with the 3.2 (except for suffering from face ache from smiling too much - and leg ache from trying to keep it off the loud pedal).

Soon as I get my hands on it photos will be uploaded.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The time has come to say goodbye to my beautiful 159 2.2 JTS who has served me so well for the last three years and 75,000 miles :cry:
-
-
-
-
-
and to say hello to my beautiful 159 3.2 V6 Ti Q2 :cool: :cool: :thumbs:

I've got to wait about two weeks and it's going to kill me.

So can you pre-warn me of the problems I'm likely to face with the 3.2 (except for suffering from face ache from smiling too much - and leg ache from trying to keep it off the loud pedal).

Soon as I get my hands on it photos will be uploaded.
You've already got the the two of the problems being the face & leg ache, but its the wallet ache you've really got to watch .......its a killer :thumbs:

In all honesty the engine is superb, i'm sure you wont be disappointed

Leigh

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are a few of us around that have the 3.2 159 ti.

I've got the Q4 version, no issues apart from the standard 159 ones. Only issue i can see you having is shreadding the front tyres. Tyre wear is bad enough on the Q4

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
3.2 Ti a rare wee beastie :cool::thumbs:

PICS!!! :rant:

:lol:

;):thumbs:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope I'm not being too optimistic about the fuel consumption. According to the latest Alfa specs the 3.2 compares well to the 2.2. In fact the extra urban cycle is more for the 2.2 than the 3.2 :confused: 35.7 mpg for the 3.2 compared to 30.7 for the 2.2

I know as I toottle about in the 2.2 I'm getting 30mpg on average, so if the figures are to be believed (and there's the rub) it shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure the first month or so I'll be lucky to get 10mpg as I test the big grin pedal out :) but once I get that out of my system I'll be happy if I can keep it in the upper 20's. Most of my driving is cross country over some of the best roads in the country (Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Wolds, etc) so not much town driving. Will keep you posted how it works out.

I just hope she's as reliable as my 2.2 was.

The next decision is to see whether or not to keep the standard sound system or swap my Alpine system over. Will try it for a bit to see how i get on. Not impressed with the general look of the Alfa kit, looks really cheap and spoils the rest of the interior I feel.

Pics posted as soon as possible.

Can't wait :) :) Like a big kid at Christmas :lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I hope I'm not being too optimistic about the fuel consumption. According to the latest Alfa specs the 3.2 compares well to the 2.2. In fact the extra urban cycle is more for the 2.2 than the 3.2 :confused: 35.7 mpg for the 3.2 compared to 30.7 for the 2.2

I know as I toottle about in the 2.2 I'm getting 30mpg on average, so if the figures are to be believed (and there's the rub) it shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure the first month or so I'll be lucky to get 10mpg as I test the big grin pedal out :) but once I get that out of my system I'll be happy if I can keep it in the upper 20's. Most of my driving is cross country over some of the best roads in the country (Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Wolds, etc) so not much town driving. Will keep you posted how it works out.

QUOTE]

I have the 3.2Q4 here in Dubai where its hot and aircon is on full time. Around town (stop start) I get 16-18mpg but I drive it in a lively manner. Longer runs mid to upper 20s. So I think your estimates are very accurate for driving around Gods own county of Yorkshire:) I also suggest regular use of super unleaded (Vpower or BP Ultimate). The engine doesn't like standard 95RON fuel. Still with super being £1.25 per gallon here I know its easier for us:)

The engine is sensational and suits that great chassis. I have the qtronic and will never go back to manual.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles in the 3.2:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Even on long runs on the motorway i've not got over mid 20's mpg. My usual average is about 20-21 mpg. (but i do have the q-tronic aswell which harms mpg)

Never seen 30mpg even when trying to drive as economical as possible.

I've got the pioneer HDII sat nav installed much better than the standard offering

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
30 mpg!

You struggle to get that out of the 2.4 Jtd!

On the tyre shredding mallarky - the 2.4 has more torque and doesnt shred tyres, so I wouldnt worry, and the 3.2 Brera S is front wheel drive too with no issues.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Mine is the Q4 too - had it for year and a half - still love it the same as the day I first saw it. :cool:

(And the same for my wife just in case she reads this :lol: )

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoping that because it doesn't have the Q4 it's going to make it much lighter (and cheaper). I've been doing quite well in the 2.2 for a while getting an average of 30-31 mpg. As I say if I can average 25mpg I think I can live with that. (Thankfully I can claim it back)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts