Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 115 k miles expensive noises were beginning so my 159 Jtdm is being trade in for a 2.L Giulietta. Thanks for all the help and advice over the last four years. As I don't need it I have put my Fixitsan dongle in the classifieds for anybody interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pretty much where I am, considering retiring the beast and going for a Giulietta.

Just worried it'll feel like a step down. Would be very interested to hear how you get on with the new one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apart from age of the car , *I was finding it a bit big for parking etc. I hope with a smaller and lighter car, performance wont suffer. Insurance cost 10% less with lower excess, £30 road tax and more mpg, should keep me mobile and happy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So two weeeks in and I like it, maybe because no worries about big repair bills. I did like the multifunction dispaly on the 159, the G only shows one thing at a time and is not so intuitive to work. At night I get an annoying reflection of the instruments on the windscren.I like the driving position better apart from the clutch which is a bit high. Only tried the dynamic setting once and seems very lively, but I will stick with normal sedate setting for over 75'. MPG is better, by how much will see after using full tankful. A lot more headroom, my head almost touched the roof in the 159 , but the large rear view mirror obstructs forward view. So far so good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So two weeeks in and I like it, maybe because no worries about big repair bills. I did like the multifunction dispaly on the 159, the G only shows one thing at a time and is not so intuitive to work. At night I get an annoying reflection of the instruments on the windscren.I like the driving position better apart from the clutch which is a bit high. Only tried the dynamic setting once and seems very lively, but I will stick with normal sedate setting for over 75'. MPG is better, by how much will see after using full tankful. A lot more headroom, my head almost touched the roof in the 159 , but the large rear view mirror obstructs forward view. So far so good.
Do you mind not having a footrest in the g?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and no. It would be good but need to be around the height of the pedal, too high.
My foot rests below the pedal on longer trips, it would have been better if the pedal had more clearance to the left to let my foot pass.
Firstmpg 300m town ,350 motorway 49.9mpg but trip showing 54.

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
I do worry , a bit, about clutch wear due to the pedal position and lack of anywhere else to put your foot but I've never used a footrest on a car that's got one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts