Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As per title, does anyone know of a good car valet in Cork? There was a good one on Tramore Rd, but am I right in saying he's not in business anymore?

Ta,

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not in Cork, but i will say there is a lady in Clonmel if you are ever passing. She even goes into the pockets with a toothbrush. Never seen the like of the job she will do. With the full valet she does 3 types of wax, which last for 4 or 5 months every time you wash it after. PM if you want her number, couldn't recommend her enough. though it is good bit further than Cork ;)

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pox. Too late. Next time, maybe...

Anyway, running out of spare time to get this donw, In desperation I used Crystal Clean in Merchant's Quay (there's another branch in Q-Park, Grand Parade).

Hmmm...
The polishing had visible wax swirls, and there were several other marks which were not polished out before the top-coat was done. They did re-buff the swirled paint, but only after I asked. Inside, it was okay, but they also put slippery interior polish on the pedals (???) making them quite dangerous to use, and they left the floor mats soaking wet.

Despite the amount of product used on them, the seat leather had dirty "water" marks on it that I was able to easily remove with a damp cloth later. (They might have saved me this job?)

They also didn't really clean the wheels (I've the annoying-to-clean 15-spoke alloys), but I wasn't too pushed about the wheels anyway.

Discounted down to €100, plus my €5 parking. An expensive lesson learned.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
That's a pity as it sounds like it wasn't a great experience :(
You'd really expect better quality work wouldn't you when spending good money on a service like that especially in these times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have used Crystal Clean once and had the all exact same issues as KrisW. I used the one in the Carrolls Quay car park and to be honest I'm not sure how they can detail a car in an area with such poor natural light.

D

·
0 Posts
There not really detailers imo, just expensive valeters that use cheap cleaning products on cars. I'd hate to use em regularly and the wheel acid they use would wreck your alloys.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Only handy for a quick clean. I wouldnt go splashing on the more expensive options, except for dropping in a subaru caked in mud one time after coming back from mud filled Oxegen festival.

There is a cleaning place on Tramore road, havent used them yet although there was a groupon style offer one stage and I still have a voucher for full valet there.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi.. I'd heard the place on Tramore Rd had closed, and I couldn't see any sign of a valet company on a couple of drives up and down..

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
There is a car wash place, that's where they do the valet. I'll drive by later as it's nearby, although it will be after closing time. Cant remember businesses beside it, but it's roughly halfway coming from woodies side going to the roundabout

1 - 11 of 11 Posts